The Student Room Group

Student Finance urgent letter

Hello, I graduated two years ago and have been working since, I recently changed jobs and have received a letter from SF. It outlines that HM Revenue have informed them of the employment change, and that I need to update SF about my new role by filling out the provided form (otherwise I'll face a fine). How long do I have to complete this form and send it off, without incurring any costs? I thought any employment changes were automatically changed on SF end, didn't realise that we had to tell them.

Thanks,
KL
Original post by King Leonidas
Hello, I graduated two years ago and have been working since, I recently changed jobs and have received a letter from SF. It outlines that HM Revenue have informed them of the employment change, and that I need to update SF about my new role by filling out the provided form (otherwise I'll face a fine). How long do I have to complete this form and send it off, without incurring any costs? I thought any employment changes were automatically changed on SF end, didn't realise that we had to tell them.

Thanks,
KL

Hi KL,
Your employment details are held with HM Revenue and Customs and your deductions are taken at source from your employer . If your employment status or employer changes we are require to update our records. If you can complete the form and return it as soon as possible , we will usually send you a reminder letter if it has not been received.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest