The Student Room Group

Would it be weird to text him even though he left the group chat?

There's a guy I was working who was always flirting with me and super nice. He left work and so left the group chat, would it be weird if I texted him? He didn't give me his number or anything.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
would you consider you guys to be close? If so, I don't think it would be weird
Original post by Anonymous
There's a guy I was working who was always flirting with me and super nice. He left work and so left the group chat, would it be weird if I texted him? He didn't give me his number or anything.

You should probably solve this dilemma lone but...
I don't think so. I'd be a bit careful about saying that he's always flirting with you though. As you said, if he's super nice, he may simply be being himself...
Reply 3
Original post by animeamanda1412
would you consider you guys to be close? If so, I don't think it would be weird

No we're not really close but we did speak a lot. If we're not close then should I not text him?
Reply 4
If you want to text him, just text him. What's the worst that could happen.
Reply 5
No we're not really close but we did speak a lot. If we're not close then should I not text him?

tbh it's really up to you, because imo it might get awkward if you text him when you guys aren't that close
do what makes you feel comfortable I guess :h:
You have nothing to loose, not like you have anothe way of contacting him
Reply 7
Original post by hannah00
You have nothing to loose, not like you have anothe way of contacting him

tbh it's really up to you, because imo it might get awkward if you text him when you guys aren't that close
do what makes you feel comfortable I guess :h:

Original post by moonzig
If you want to text him, just text him. What's the worst that could happen.

I was planning on asking him out btw, not just texting to talk and chat.
Reply 8
I was planning on asking him out btw, not just texting to talk and chat.

Ohhh, go ahead!! It's better to do something than not do it and regretting it later on!
Reply 9
Ohhh, go ahead!! It's better to do something than not do it and regretting it later on!

Ah thanks. Anyone else??
Ah thanks. Anyone else??

Agree with above. You've really nothing to lose here. Message him.
do it and give us the results we will then advise you on the next steps and help you plan
Reply 12
I would say go for it! My partner and I have been together after I wrote them a letter - I thought they were being really nice to others as well and that was just their personality. I thought nothing would come of expressing my feelings, but we have now been together for almost 2 years :smile: You never know until you try. Good luck!
Original post by jonnypdot
do it and give us the results we will then advise you on the next steps and help you plan

Original post by jh1106
I would say go for it! My partner and I have been together after I wrote them a letter - I thought they were being really nice to others as well and that was just their personality. I thought nothing would come of expressing my feelings, but we have now been together for almost 2 years :smile: You never know until you try. Good luck!

Hey guys!! I did it and asked him out and he said yes! I thought it would be better to not regret it. He said he is available but what should I say now?? I don't know what to say...
Original post by jh1106

And aww that sounds so adorable! I know a girl who wrote letter to her current husband because he didn't have a phone as well. It's adorable.
Hey guys!! I did it and asked him out and he said yes! I thought it would be better to not regret it. He said he is available but what should I say now?? I don't know what to say...

the new film kingsman looks good check out the trailer
Original post by jonnypdot
the new film kingsman looks good check out the trailer

I wouldn't want to go to a movie since I want to speak to him etc. We've planned a day, should I just end the conversation or do I carry on talking? It's really difficult because I've never asked a guy out and the guy is the one that usually initiates.
Reply 17
Late on this but depends on when the date is as I tend to find that talking constantly talking on WhatsApp or other socials it makes it slightly harder to find a topic when actually on the date but if the date is couple weeks or something then it's better to talk moderately.
I wouldn't want to go to a movie since I want to speak to him etc. We've planned a day, should I just end the conversation or do I carry on talking? It's really difficult because I've never asked a guy out and the guy is the one that usually initiates.

go on a dinner date and maybe take a walk somewhere, or go on a hike maybe, you can definately talk to him like that + movies are boring...it doesn't show you a girl or guy's feeling or express them as themselves...
of course not just do it

Quick Reply

Latest