The Student Room Group

Psychology

Anyone who is taking Psychology now but didn't study it pre uni? Is it more difficult to take the course without having any knowledge on it from high school?
Hey I'm studying Psychology at Uni now without ever having studied it before! It's absolutely fine because they start from the beginning. Some people that have already studied it will have a slight advantage as they may already know some of the cases but that's only in first year. Schools all have different syllabi so for most people what they study at uni is different to school anyway :smile:
Original post by marnalarn
Hey I'm studying Psychology at Uni now without ever having studied it before! It's absolutely fine because they start from the beginning. Some people that have already studied it will have a slight advantage as they may already know some of the cases but that's only in first year. Schools all have different syllabi so for most people what they study at uni is different to school anyway :smile:

I see!! I hope I will be able to cope well if I get in !!
I don't know how valid my response is here, but I did Psychology at uni without having done it in GCSE or A-level before. I did do it on an Access course mind you.

The course is pretty newbie-friendly, largely because the first year might as well be A-level Psychology - it's a recap, basically. It builds the foundation for the remaining two years.

You should be perfectly fine without prior academic experience.

Quick Reply

Latest