Hong Kong Non-JUPAS Applicants 2018 Watch

wolfmoon88
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 21
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by araki2)
Hi guys, I just received an email from HKU asking me to attend an interview for my second choice programme. Does this mean that I am no longer considered for my first choice programme, or is it because my first choice programme does not require an interview (as written on the official page)?
If you applied through HKU portal, is your application for your first choice programme still under consideration ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
araki2
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by wolfmoon88)
If you applied through HKU portal, is your application for your first choice programme still under consideration ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes, it says that my application for all programmes are under consideration.
wolfmoon88
  • Community Assistant
Yes, it says that my application for all programmes are under consideration.
Honestly, I am unsure. Since your "application is still under consideration" in the portal, I would think your latter assumption would make sense... however not extremely sure. I would send an email to HKU Admissions to clarify.

Posted from TSR Mobile
araki2
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by wolfmoon88)
Honestly, I am unsure. Since your "application is still under consideration" in the portal, I would think your latter assumption would make sense... however not extremely sure. I would send an email to HKU Admissions to clarify.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just had a look at the FAQs and saw that applications to HKU's programmes are considered independently, so I guess this may be the reason. I will send an email to double check though, thank you for your reply.
wolfmoon88
  • Community Assistant
Just had a look at the FAQs and saw that applications to HKU's programmes are considered independently, so I guess this may be the reason. I will send an email to double check though, thank you for your reply.
No problem, hope everything works out

Posted from TSR Mobile
ccchiulam
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I have applied for hku and hkust bba, have anyone received any interview?
schoi84
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ccchiulam)
I have applied for hku and hkust bba, have anyone received any interview?
I've done the HKUST Business School Video Interview. Haven't received any emails from HKU yet.
mayank.2592
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by schoi84)
I've done the HKUST Business School Video Interview. Haven't received any emails from HKU yet.
yeahh same
Erfan2000
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey guys! Anyone who's applied to the life sciences, I created a separate forum since it seems like there aren't that many of us! Share your information please thank you!

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...2#post75160832
Shirleyabcd
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I am applying there to study dentistry too!! Do you know how many percentage of applicants will be invited to an interview?
(Original post by mmlf98)
Which universities are you applying to in Hong Kong? HKU

What course(s) are you applying for? Bachelor of Dental Surgery

What are your predicted grades/achieved grades and in which subjects? Biology-A* Chemistry-A* Mathematics-A Physics-A

Why are you applying to universities in Hong Kong? I love dimsum hahahah (just kidding)

Other university choices in other countries? Ireland, Australia.
Monsale
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
People who applied for economics/management, what type of question were you asked during your interviews ?
Erfan2000
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Guys anyone applying to sciences or engineering that's heard from HKUST or HKU? All my applications say they're under consideration. Maybe i'm a bit too anxious but all my UK offers came back and I'm just waiting for Hong Kong that I even applied early rounds for! I was hoping if anyone had any clue if the Life Sciences or Engineering department have been giving out offers, thank you!
mayank.2592
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Erfan2000)
Guys anyone applying to sciences or engineering that's heard from HKUST or HKU? All my applications say they're under consideration. Maybe i'm a bit too anxious but all my UK offers came back and I'm just waiting for Hong Kong that I even applied early rounds for! I was hoping if anyone had any clue if the Life Sciences or Engineering department have been giving out offers, thank you!
I have applied to hkust and hku engineering too but I havent heard from them yet. I think the offers usually come out by the end of december. from 26th - 31st hopefully..
Erfan2000
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by mayank.2592)
I have applied to hkust and hku engineering too but I havent heard from them yet. I think the offers usually come out by the end of december. from 26th - 31st hopefully..
I'm guessing it's just the department of sciences and engineering who do it differently since the business school requires interviews and have been sending out invitations. I don't think we need an interview so i'm guessing that's the reason. Best of lucks to you and I hope we hear back by the end of this month!
Ronnie168
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Merry Christmas to all! I was wondering if I didn’t hear anything back from Hong Kong university ( status still says under consideration) should I contact them or do I assume they rejected me? Applied for medicine and I am from Jamaica.
ScreamerOfStars
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I received a firm offer for Bachelor of Arts from HKU a few days ago. The course doesn’t require any admissions tests or interviews so I’m assuming that’s why I heard back so soon.
Monsale
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Ronnie168)
Merry Christmas to all! I was wondering if I didn’t hear anything back from Hong Kong university ( status still says under consideration) should I contact them or do I assume they rejected me? Applied for medicine and I am from Jamaica.
Just wait.
teetwo123
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Ronnie168)
You might be pooled in the main round
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
ayaan adil
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Has anyone been called for interview by Hkust
giavann
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
has anyone been acceted in HKUST???
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Performance Design and Practice Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Jan '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19

Are you chained to your phone?