The Student Room Group

Dutch Universities Applicants 2018

Scroll to see replies

My status has been on "admission decision" forever, has anybody else applied for a MA in Political science?
Reply 81
I've been accepted into University of Amsterdam for my MA in New Media and Digital Culture and Maastricht University for my MA in Media Studies: Digital Cultures program. I'm still waiting to hear back from Erasmus and Utrecht. UvA is my top choice so I'm thrilled I got in but I still want to see what financial package they offer me. The Netherlands doesn't provide a lot of funding, from what I'm finding out. I wish there was more funding from the Universities (in Holland).
Reply 82
I got an email for Erasmus and they said because of the massive amount of applicants, it's taking them longer to process applications. I'm assuming that's for all the Holland schools. I'm still waiting to hear back from Erasmus (obviously) and Utrecht. I heard back from UvA last week on Tuesday. I heard back from Maastricht University a few weeks ago; They got back to me fast.

I would just try to be patient, which I know is hard! lol Good luck with your admissions!

Original post by rosie0101
My status has been on "admission decision" forever, has anybody else applied for a MA in Political science?
Reply 83
Hey everyone! I got accepted for a Masters in Cognitive Neuroscience at Radboud University. Anyone got any info regarding the Uni? Or the program? Reputation etc?
Reply 84
Hi, I've applied for both of these courses recently, I've still not heard back yet. How long did it take for a response for your applications? I'm in a similar situation to you, I too wish there was more funding from the Universities. I'm in the in-between, not Dutch but not international either! Quite tricky.
Reply 85
Hi!
I've applied for research masters psychology at the UvA and my status has also been 'admission decision' for a long time now. Guess patience is the key.
Reply 86
From what I’m hearing from other people, they’re extremely slow getting back to people. Extremely slow. A lot of people seem to be waiting to hear back from the university. I’ve been waiting to hear back from Utrecht too. I finally received my admission acceptance today.
Reply 87
Yeah, looks like that. I have received acceptance from VU Amsterdam. Since I'm an international student, visa process timelines seem to be long as well. I hope UvA comes back with a decision soon. UvA being my first preference, I can't initiate the visa procedures with VU as of now.
Reply 88
Yeah I'm beginning to think this myself. Then again, I only applied within the last two weeks so there is a chance I'm being ever so slightly impatient. I hope I get accepted soon! The wait makes me anxious.
Reply 89
Original post by arielyk
Hey everyone! I am an offer holder of univeristy of amsterdam's PPLE program! Do you guys know anyone who studies the program? Dutch students, do you know anything about PPLE's perceived prestige in Netherlands? Thanks!

Hi! I graduated from this programme last year. Since it is still quite a new programme, it is not that well know throughout the Netherlands yet. However, they do receive an impressive amount of applications each year!

As mentioned by other people on here, it is indeed a selective programme which results in at least some sort of selection.

Currently, the first cohort of students has either started a master programme or will start one coming year. As far as I know, people have been accepted at LSE, UCL, Oxford, Cambridge, Sciences Po and some other impressive unis. And also Dutch unis of course. So far, it seems that foreign universities do appreciate PPLE as a solid basis.
Reply 90
Original post by Ordem
Hi! I graduated from this programme last year. Since it is still quite a new programme, it is not that well know throughout the Netherlands yet. However, they do receive an impressive amount of applications each year!

As mentioned by other people on here, it is indeed a selective programme which results in at least some sort of selection.

Currently, the first cohort of students has either started a master programme or will start one coming year. As far as I know, people have been accepted at LSE, UCL, Oxford, Cambridge, Sciences Po and some other impressive unis. And also Dutch unis of course. So far, it seems that foreign universities do appreciate PPLE as a solid basis.

Thank you for your response! I wish you all the best in your future endeavours post-PPLE!
How hard is it to get a 10/10 in bachelors?
ld tell me if I was rejected or in on the phone so she was pretty nice)/ Have you heard or seen anything about your classes being full? Do you know anyone else who got in?
Original post by msb757
I've been accepted into University of Amsterdam for my MA in New Media and Digital Culture and Maastricht University for my MA in Media Studies: Digital Cultures program. I'm still waiting to hear back from Erasmus and Utrecht. UvA is my top choice so I'm thrilled I got in but I still want to see what financial package they offer me. The Netherlands doesn't provide a lot of funding, from what I'm finding out. I wish there was more funding from the Universities (in Holland).

My pontifex page still says 'pending' and I even rang them and the lady in the admissions office said that they application committee hadn't even reached a decision yet (she also said she wou
Anyone still on 'pending' ?
Reply 94
Original post by hysterria
Hi everyone! I'm Dutch, so if you have any questions about unis/student life/whatever in the Netherlands you can just ask me :smile:. In case I get rejected by the UK unis I'm applying too, I'll be studying psychobiology at the University of Amsterdam.

Hey hey, don't know if you'll see this but I do have questions
Original post by prsn.
Hey hey, don't know if you'll see this but I do have questions

Hi yes! You can send me a PM or ask the questions here, whatever :smile:
Original post by hysterria
Hi everyone! I'm Dutch, so if you have any questions about unis/student life/whatever in the Netherlands you can just ask me :smile:. In case I get rejected by the UK unis I'm applying too, I'll be studying psychobiology at the University of Amsterdam.

hey you wrote this 3 years ago, so I don't know if you're going to answer, but I'm going to try anyway. I'm applying for the psychology program at the University of Amsterdam and they want a CV as part of the application. However, they did not give me a format in which they want the cv written in, so I was wondering do I write this CV like I would for a job application or in a different way.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending