Jor64
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi everyone
I want to take a gap year after finishing this year and my teachers have been asking me whether I want to apply this year and defer my entry or whether I should leave it completely for next year. What would be the best choice?
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Jor64)
Hi everyone
I want to take a gap year after finishing this year and my teachers have been asking me whether I want to apply this year and defer my entry or whether I should leave it completely for next year. What would be the best choice?
its a personal thing but you ll be more informed if you apply next year as you'll already have you grades.
jelly1000
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Jor64)
Hi everyone
IMO as long as you know what you want to do it would be easier for you to apply this year whilst you are a priority for personal statement help and a reference. Applying next year means you would have to chase up teachers at your old school/college for a reference and not have help with your PS. Also means you can enjoy next year hopefully with everything sorted.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Jor64)
Hi everyone
I would recommend applying this year - you can always change your mind and reapply next year if you want but you'll be doing it with support to produce your PS and get your reference sorted by your school etc (plus some schools will pay for your application while you're with them but not if you apply after leaving )
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (438)
56.3%
I don't have everything I need (340)
43.7%

Watched Threads