Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I currently take Maths, Economics, IT and Polish for my a levels but i do not like any enough to continue studying them for uni. Out of the 4 I mostly enjoy maths, but maths at uni is so hard subject wise and hard to get into as I will not get an A.

Can anyone help me out on what to study? Maybe there is some general course that will help me out in any field?

I do not want to spend £27k on something I dislike and then suffer with it for 3 years
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by juliakoczij)
    I currently take Maths, Economics, IT and Polish for my a levels but i do not like any enough to continue studying them for uni. Out of the 4 I mostly enjoy maths, but maths at uni is so hard subject wise and hard to get into as I will not get an A.

Can anyone help me out on what to study? Maybe there is some general course that will help me out in any field?

I do not want to spend £27k on something I dislike and then suffer with it for 3 years
    You mean what to study for A level or what to study for a degree?

There are hundreds of different degrees.
    Have a look, but get an idea of what interests you or what job you might like to do and work backwards to get the required degree .

http://www.thejobcrowd.com/graduates/careers

https://www.ucas.com/ucas/subject-guide-list

Just look through uni websites and get an idea of what things interest you. more you do it then the more it will make sense.

You can also get work experience and take a year out. its smart to avoid starting a degree you have no passion for.

ReputationRep:
    With economics and maths, you can study a joint honours with maths and something else, or like finance and management. You can then go into the financial sector as a career
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonasian)
    With economics and maths, you can study a joint honours with maths and something else, or like finance and management. You can then go into the financial sector as a career
    You don't need to.

ReputationRep:
    Lots of TSR advice here : https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...-what-to-study

There are lots of subjects that need Maths like Computer Science, Economics, anything 'with Quantitative Methods'. And there are subjects don't need specific subjects but value Maths skills - Social Science, Law, Psychology for instance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DreamlinerFinder)
    You don't need to.
    What lol
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by juliakoczij)

Deciding what to do in university can be extremely daunting, but there is a huge range of courses in all the universities that you may not even realise!

I know when I was applying for university I tended to only look for subjects I was offered in Sixth form.

Check out all of our Undergraduate courses here, and see if there are any that you would be interested in. http://www.hope.ac.uk/undergraduate/coursefinder/

Hope this helped!

Ste - Liverpool Hope University.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.