hannahrobinsn
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
what do i do if i apply to uni and it turns out i took the wrong a levels to apply for that course? i have no idea what i'm doing in the future (i'm in year 12) and i'm panicking that because i chose my a levels with no particular direction i just screwed myself over
ddsizebra
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It depends what you have chosen and some idea what field of study you'd like to study. Most uni courses require one a-level relevant to the course and another 2 a levels elsewhere
Erdon
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by hannahrobinsn)
what do i do if i apply to uni and it turns out i took the wrong a levels to apply for that course? i have no idea what i'm doing in the future (i'm in year 12) and i'm panicking that because i chose my a levels with no particular direction i just screwed myself over
What A-Levels are you currently doing? If you're undecided i'd recommend doing a mixture of more respected A levels (e.g. I chose physics, chem and maths because I was undecided) or possibly doing four and dropping one after yr 12 It's the beginning of term so there's time if you wanted to change for whatever reason, but mainly think about what interests you at the moment (e.g. essay subjects verses logic numerical subjects) ^-^
James244
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Quite a few unis offer a foundation year, where you apply with the same or slightly lower grades but are not bound to specific subjects. The foundation acts as a way to prepare yourself for anything you should knownbefore starting the course.
In my opinion (not sute if its a good 'un) as long as you chose your a-levels because you enjoy or excell in them, your career path will go on from there. Dont worry! 😀
There is a website (i think its either whatuni or whichuni) where u can put in your alevel subjects and it will suggest university courses, try that if you dont know what to study. Remember u dont have to go to uni!
Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19
  • The University of Law
    Open Day – GDL and LPC - Chester campus Postgraduate
    Sat, 4 Jan '20
  • University of East Anglia
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 6 Jan '20

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (353)
46.26%
No (81)
10.62%
I'm not old enough (329)
43.12%

Watched Threads