The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Endcliffe/Ranmoor - the walk to Uni?

How is the walk to uni, how long does it actually take? I'm a physically fit person so not asking in terms of not being able to cope lol but just thinking about time etc. Does it get annoying, day in day out?? I also know there's buses... are they worth it instead if walking? Sorry for the weird af question, thanks

Also, any Psychology students at Sheffield, where are the lecturers usually? On an open day, they were in the church lecture theatre, obviously quite a way from accommodation
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Clearist
How is the walk to uni, how long does it actually take? I'm a physically fit person so not asking in terms of not being able to cope lol but just thinking about time etc. Does it get annoying, day in day out?? I also know there's buses... are they worth it instead if walking? Sorry for the weird af question, thanks

Also, any Psychology students at Sheffield, where are the lecturers usually? On an open day, they were in the church lecture theatre, obviously quite a way from accommodation

If you have the postcodes. you can look them up yourself, then use

There an app
https://walkit.com/cities/sheffield/

or
if buses

http://tsy.yorkshiretravel.net/lts/#/travelInfo

Once youve walked the journey then its easy to figure out the most efficient routes.
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
20-30 minutes depending on which end of Endcliffe/Ranmoor you're on.

It's not too bad, you get used to it pretty quickly. I don't think the buses are worth bothering with, maybe once in a while if you're particularly tired, feeling ill, or just went for a big shop. A bike might not be the worst idea, but get a cheap one because they do get nicked.

I think a lot of psychology lectures are based in the Diamond and St. George's Church, yes. In second and later years people will usually move to Crookesmoor, Broomhall, or somewhere in the City which are a bit closer, there's also Crookes which is a similar distance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending