The Student Room Group

RBS video interview

Anyone done it? Any help would highly appreciate it

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Samantha303
Anyone done it? Any help would highly appreciate it

I have just sent in my application for RBS. Which graduate scheme did you apply for? :biggrin:
Reply 2
Hi Samantha. Grateful if you could please share your experience of RBS Video Interview if you have done yours already. Many thanks.
Reply 3
Did you guys do the skyrise test? I did it last night and wasnt anything like what i expected. I thought would be similar to fidelity's pymetric but it was just 20 logical reasoning questions ( guess the number in a sequence). I swear i read somewhere on their website the results of the test wont take part in their decision on applications.. Also, how long after this did you hear back? Thanks
Original post by souman
Did you guys do the skyrise test? I did it last night and wasnt anything like what i expected. I thought would be similar to fidelity's pymetric but it was just 20 logical reasoning questions ( guess the number in a sequence). I swear i read somewhere on their website the results of the test wont take part in their decision on applications.. Also, how long after this did you hear back? Thanks

It was their first year launching the test you're gonna get full marks regardless I think
Worked for RBS, ****ing hated it.

Good luck though.
Reply 6
Original post by King Leonidas
Worked for RBS, ****ing hated it.

Good luck though.

What was your role?
Original post by souman
What was your role?

Mortgage Advisor and Underwriter
Reply 8
Original post by souman

You're correct. On their Application Process page, it states "This year we are piloting this latest game-based assessment so your results will not be used to inform the final decision about your application."

I think it took one or two working days for them to invite me to sit the online tests.
Original post by Luvna
Hi Samantha. Grateful if you could please share your experience of RBS Video Interview if you have done yours already. Many thanks.

Just a very generic competency based interview. Nothing to be worried about. I can't remember the exact questions but it was very heavily competency based.
Just a very generic competency based interview. Nothing to be worried about. I can't remember the exact questions but it was very heavily competency based.

Samantha, do you have a rough idea of the questions e.g. Leadership/teamwork/a time you worked with 2 or more cultures? Also, does anyone have any more details on the Numerical and logical tests that follow the Skyrise City game? Would be much appreciated!
Reply 11
Just got my numerical invite. Havent done talentq before, any advise? How do you guys find it
Reply 12

Thanks for the heads up! Could you remember how long you got to answer each question?
Reply 13
Original post by souman
Just got my numerical invite. Havent done talentq before, any advise? How do you guys find it

You have three or four sets of questions (I can't remember but 12 questions in total). For the first one in each set you have 90 seconds and the rest 75. Personally I would not rush to the next question even if I have already worked out the answer but to use the extra time to study the tables since I might be running out of time looking for the right numbers in my next question.
They have sample tests on the Talent Q website if you haven't seen them :wink:
Reply 14
Original post by Daisy.W
You have three or four sets of questions (I can't remember but 12 questions in total). For the first one in each set you have 90 seconds and the rest 75. Personally I would not rush to the next question even if I have already worked out the answer but to use the extra time to study the tables since I might be running out of time looking for the right numbers in my next question.
They have sample tests on the Talent Q website if you haven't seen them :wink:

Thank you, did the sample and the actual tests earlier. Missed two questions (time ran out..) on the numerical although i reckon i got the other 10. also i found the logical test unusually easy. How long after the tests did you hear back?
Original post by Daisy.W
You're correct. On their Application Process page, it states "This year we are piloting this latest game-based assessment so your results will not be used to inform the final decision about your application."

I think it took one or two working days for them to invite me to sit the online tests.

In the email I received for the Skyrise test, it was mentioned,
"Things to remember before you start:

We’d encourage you to complete this somewhere quiet without any distractions. It’s fun but remember you’re being assessed. "

So, I think it was assessed.

Btw, what role are you applying to?

Good Luck!
So what role has everyone applied to?
Did anyone receive an invitation for AC yet?

Good luck guys!
Original post by Daisy.W
Thanks for the heads up! Could you remember how long you got to answer each question?

2 mins. Very tight. I did fine with 3 mins for another video interview. Don't wobble. It's all strength based so not "when did you work in a team" but "do you think teamwork is important" so just say "yes. I once worked in blablabla". Or state your opinion then give a brief example. I ran out of time for some questions.
Reply 18
Original post by richap123
So what role has everyone applied to?
Did anyone receive an invitation for AC yet?

Good luck guys!

Customer solutions - commercial banking, you? :biggrin: Not yet, but fingers crossed :biggrin:
Reply 19
Also which degree is everyone doing? I'm doing chemistry. Is that unusual? :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest