The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

LLB Law - realistic chance of offer?

Hi, I'm reapplying for University as I didn't enjoy the course at my current University;

I achieved AAAB at AS
and AABC at A2 in (History, English Literature, Religious Studies and Economics)

The current offer is AAA

Would be grateful for any advice (particularly from people who have applied in the past and not 16 year old TSR users, etc)
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by James1997c
Hi, I'm reapplying for University as I didn't enjoy the course at my current University;

I achieved AAAB at AS
and AABC at A2 in (History, English Literature, Religious Studies and Economics)

The current offer is AAA

Would be grateful for any advice.

You don't meet the offer, Warwick is an incredibly competitive university. There will be enough people applying who have either been predicted or have achieved the minimum offer and higher.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Original post by Glassapple
You don't meet the offer, Warwick is an incredibly competitive university. There will be enough people applying who have either been predicted or have achieved the minimum offer and higher.

I was already given an offer the first time - I'm reapplying. Have you applied for law there?
I was already given an offer the first time - I'm reapplying. Have you applied for law there?

It doesn't matter if you were given an offer the first time, that's completely irrelevant. You don't meet the offer, you won't get in. They don't get sentimental about you applying there before.
Reply 4
It doesn't matter if you were given an offer the first time, that's completely irrelevant. You don't meet the offer, you won't get in. They don't get sentimental about you applying there before.

You're a troll. And never even applied to Uni. What exactly are you basing your opinion on?
You're a troll. And never even applied to Uni. What exactly are you basing your opinion on?

I'm basing my opinion on the fact that you don't meet the minimum offer to be accepted, I don't see why that's so hard for you to understand. They really don't care if they gave you an offer last time, you don't meet the offer.
Reply 6
I'm basing my opinion on the fact that you don't meet the minimum offer to be accepted, I don't see why that's so hard for you to understand. They really don't care if they gave you an offer last time, you don't meet the offer.

You may be right, however you're 16 - so don't be insulted if I find your posting pointless.

Edit* would be grateful if past offer holders can post.
You may be right, however you're 16 - so don't be insulted if I find your posting pointless.

Edit* would be grateful if past offer holders can post.

I’m 17 and applying for uni next month, thanks.

@Doonesbury for an opinion.

I achieved AAAB at AS

The current offer is AAA

Would be grateful for any advice (particularly from people who have applied in the past and not 16 year old TSR users, etc)

You can always apply and see what they say. You might have something in your PS which makes you stand out.

Although the other user is a pre-applicant and calling Warwick, at least for law, as "incredibly competitive" is a bit of a stretch when its offer is AAA, Warwick does stick to AAA quite harshly. If you don't mind my asking, where you do you currently study and why do you not enjoy it? Are you doing law?
Reply 9

That's the most sensible post you've made so far, nice one.
Reply 10
Original post by Notorious_B.I.G.
You can always apply and see what they say. You might have something in your PS which makes you stand out.

Although the other user is a pre-applicant and calling Warwick, at least for law, as "incredibly competitive" is a bit of a stretch when its offer is AAA, Warwick does stick to AAA quite harshly. If you don't mind my asking, where you do you currently study and why do you not enjoy it? Are you doing law?

I'm currently studying it at Bristol, I chose it because it was close to home. I don't find the structure of the course particularly interesting nor is am I enjoying my time at the University in general. I studied four A levels as opposed to 3 - and so I wasn't sure if that was ok - I did get AABC - which isn't exactly the offer, however you I would think that an entire additional A level would be enough to compensate for 1 grade. Although I have no idea lol.
I'm currently studying it at Bristol, I chose it because it was close to home. I don't find the structure of the course particularly interesting nor is am I enjoying my time at the University in general. I studied four A levels as opposed to 3 - and so I wasn't sure if that was ok - I did get AABC - which isn't exactly the offer, however you I would think that an entire additional A level would be enough to compensate for 1 grade. Although I have no idea lol.

I think it is a big gamble to sacrifice a year to start afresh somewhere else, when you have no guarantee it would be any more enjoyable. Warwick has a lower satisfaction rating for one, you'd be living in the next town over which is terrible, and in your second year onwards you'll be able to choose optional modules at Bristol.

I achieved AAAB at AS

The current offer is AAA

If I were you I would call them up or email them and see what they say considering you have already got the grades. If they say yes then go for it.
Alternatively, you could just write an amazing personal statement and hope for the best. Either way, you'll get your answer.
Reply 13

I achieved AAAB at AS

The current offer is AAA

Yup, if you are below the minimum requirements for Warwick why do you think they will offer you?

They have a 65% offer rate for Law, so are unlikely to be very likely to accept below the minimum.

https://university.which.co.uk/university-of-warwick-w20/law-3-year-programme-3-years-9000-m100

AAA > AABC

And Bristol is ranked higher than Warwick anyway (CUG)... I suspect you might have a touch of "grass is greener".

But contact Warwick and ask them. They are the only ones who can really answer.

Edit: hold on, are you a fresher? or starting Y2?

Edit2: hmm, looks like you need to get a handle on the wider issues you are having. Have you spoken to Bristol about your MH problems? Including the SU?
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=73762768&postcount=1

I think you need to resolve this before considering moving to Warwick, or anywhere else.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest