The Student Room Group

Are these good grades?

Basically, I did iGCSE (not GCSE) this is me trying to convince myself that I did better than I did :l
Also, I only studied in year 10 and year 11. I never studied in my life before that.
Plus we had very bad teachers.
Okay so I got:

English Lang: A (6 marks from an A*)
English Lit: A (2 marks from an A*)
Maths: B ( 2 marks from an A)
History: B (3 marks from an A)
ICT: C (2 marks from a B)
Physics: C
Biology: C ( 6 marks from a B)
Chemistry: E (1 mark from a D)

Any feedback on my results? Thank you

Scroll to see replies

I mean they're okay, iGCSES are hard, I did them too.
They are pretty good grades, but what you got is what you got. Nobody will ever look at how many marks or whatever you were off the next grade up. The best way to move forward is to accept what you have and don't get too big-headed about being smarter than everyone else, a grade is only a letter at the end of the day and intelligence can be measured in many ways.
Original post by igloo3
Basically, I did iGCSE (not GCSE) this is me trying to convince myself that I did better than I did :l
Also, I only studied in year 10 and year 11. I never studied in my life before that.
Okay so I got:

unfortunately my friend, the only person who can say whether your results are good or not is yourself. however, generally speaking, they look good, especially for IGCSE
Original post by igloo3
Okay so I got:

you did pretty well to be honest. i mean if your not taking chemistry a levels then theyre okay. theres not much you can do now and we all have to live and move on. they're a good set of results.
Reply 5
@chaffinch what did you get?
Reply 6
@IronSwift I know that no body is going to look at the marks but I only wanted to have the next higher grade up because it will look better on uni/job applications. I wasn't planning on getting big headed but I genuinely just wanted to know
Reply 7
MathMan+C thank you!!
Reply 8
You did really well tbh
Reply 9
FlyingHippogriff yeah I'm not doing chemistry A level directly
Reply 10
@The RAR You think so? Thank you! (:
Not only are these goods but if your teachers were bad and your other classmates did badly, your grades will look better in comparison to Unis :smile:
Original post by igloo3
Okay so I got:

What are iGCSE ??
Original post by igloo3
@chaffinch what did you get?

I got 4 A*'s, 5A's and a B, which I was okayish with (my grades don't really matter though)
In all honesty, for iGCSES your grades are fine, you should be happy with them especially as iGCSES are really hard - unis prefer them.
Reply 14
@
Original post by Kamikaze16
Not only are these goods but if your teachers were bad and your other classmates did badly, your grades will look better in comparison to Unis :smile:

What do you mean?
Reply 15
Original post by Elisha.l
What are iGCSE ??

International GCSE
Reply 16
Original post by igloo3
Okay so I got:

lemme just congratulate you,you did well! hoiwever if youre hoping to apply to uni or college with the intent to study medicine sciences etc. thaen thats not good enough.however i should really applaud you in a year you have these amazing grades
Reply 17
Original post by chaffinch
I got 4 A*'s, 5A's and a B, which I was okayish with (my grades don't really matter though)
In all honesty, for iGCSES your grades are fine, you should be happy with them especially as iGCSES are really hard - unis prefer them.

Wow! They are amazing results!! Do unis recognise iGCSE's to be different than GCSE's? Someone told me they didn't :l
Reply 18
Original post by MO49
lemme just congratulate you,you did well! hoiwever if youre hoping to apply to uni or college with the intent to study medicine sciences etc. thaen thats not good enough.however i should really applaud you in a year you have these amazing grades

Thank you
Original post by igloo3
Wow! They are amazing results!! Do unis recognise iGCSE's to be different than GCSE's? Someone told me they didn't :l

Thanks! Although my results weren't that good compared to my school's standard annoyingly. And yes, universities prefer iGCSES as they're more challenging, so they're seen differently.

Quick Reply

Latest