The Student Room Group

Under character count but NOT ENOUGH LINES!

--
(edited 6 years ago)
Just make the font smaller that will decrease the amount of lines. Or edit the boarder size.
Original post by JustWithGeorge
Just make the font smaller that will decrease the amount of lines. Or edit the boarder size.

Ahahah I'm afraid that won't work - UCAS reformats the text since you input it into their website...
Original post by gcsemusicsucks
Ahahah I'm afraid that won't work - UCAS reformats the text since you input it into their website...

Oh yeah obviously, sorry I forgot about that. Umm I’m out of ideas.
Take things out? Quality over quantity
The same thing happened to me today!! It was so annoying since I'm 200 characters under the limit. What I did was just amend my paragraphs and chunked a few together.
Original post by SuperHuman98
Take things out? Quality over quantity

One would argue that blank space is neither quality nor quantity :biggrin: (sorry had to ahahah)
I've read through it many times and I've tried taking each sentence out and hearing what it sounds like without that sentence - it just isn't as punchy as with the sentence taken out :/ And it's all relevant too D:
One would argue that blank space is neither quality nor quantity :biggrin: (sorry had to ahahah)
I've read through it many times and I've tried taking each sentence out and hearing what it sounds like without that sentence - it just isn't as punchy as with the sentence taken out :/ And it's all relevant too D:

I'm sure you could condense the sentence so bit ? I don't mind taking a look, I had this exact problem last year and there were ways to solve it :smile:
Okay so I have edited my personal statement so that I do not go over the character limit shown on the ucas personal statement preview. However it tells me that I am 2 lines over the line count! I want to avoid shortening everything down because if I do any more it won't sound like actual English! So I was wondering whether it is acceptable to omit the lines between each paragraph? Or will it make it as hard to read as not having paragraphs at all and just having a huge block of text?

If it helps, try rewriting sentences but keep it short as possible.
Okay so I have edited my personal statement so that I do not go over the character limit shown on the ucas personal statement preview. However it tells me that I am 2 lines over the line count! I want to avoid shortening everything down because if I do any more it won't sound like actual English! So I was wondering whether it is acceptable to omit the lines between each paragraph? Or will it make it as hard to read as not having paragraphs at all and just having a huge block of text?

Plug it in http://www.hemingwayapp.com

I guarantee that there's something that can be tightened up that will bring you under the line limit without sacrificing the readability.

Quick Reply

Latest