The Student Room Group

Can i get into oxbridge

Hey guys,

i've just done my gcse's, and got 6 a*, a 9 in maths, an 8 in english lit, an 8 in english lang, 3 a's, and an a* in level 2 higher project qualification for music. I am also on grade 8 violin and piano (would this help in any way for my application)

i would like to study medicine at either oxford or cambridge, and i will be knuckling down with my a-levels (biology, chemistry, physics, maths). Would i be able to get an interview at oxbridge with these grades?

Obviously i will do some community service. But what university would be best suited for me, and any recommended colleges that i could apply to.

Thanks for all the help.
I was gonna make a joke, but even the jokes about these types of posts are getting boring. Even talking about how I was gonna make a joke about these types of posts is boring. Even talking about how I was talking about how making remarks concerning talking about jokes is boring. Even talking about how talking about the subject which concerns the discussion surrounding the talking about how making remarks concerning talking about jokes is boring, is boring. Even talking about how the statements that pertain to the discussion surrounding the talking of the talking about how talking about the subject which concerns the discussion surrounding the talking about how making remarks concerning talking about jokes is boring - of which is boring - is boring.
Original post by PROFESSOR ORANGE
Hey guys,

i've just done my gcse's, and got 6 a*, a 9 in maths, an 8 in english lit, an 8 in english lang, 3 a's, and an a* in level 2 higher project qualification for music. I am also on grade 8 violin and piano (would this help in any way for my application)

i would like to study medicine at either oxford or cambridge, and i will be knuckling down with my a-levels (biology, chemistry, physics, maths). Would i be able to get an interview at oxbridge with these grades?

Obviously i will do some community service. But what university would be best suited for me, and any recommended colleges that i could apply to.

Thanks for all the help.

You are certainly below the average of A*s of cambridge and oxford medicine applicants which is around 11 but youve still got a decent number so its worth a try.
No, you need to be able to have at least a Nobel peace prize complimented nicely with a BTEC in health and beauty for them to even take your application seriously...
Hey guys,

Thanks for all the help.

So you've got like 7-10A*s ( not sure how these things are graded). You'd be fine for every other subject at Oxford and Cambridge. It might be slightly lower than the successful Oxford applicant but I doubt Cambridge would care with A*A*A* at A2/ predictions :smile:. They're excellent grades though, you should feel very very proud!!! Violin and Piano would not help a medicine application to Oxbridge unless you're studying music there. They might be good for other Unis though who are more interested in extra curriculars. All medical schools are interested in health care volunteering though so you should give priority to that.
Hey guys,

Thanks for all the help.

You probably won't make Oxford, Cambridge is more realistic.
Original post by Welshstig
I was gonna make a joke, but even the jokes about these types of posts are getting boring. Even talking about how I was gonna make a joke about these types of posts is boring. Even talking about how I was talking about how making remarks concerning talking about jokes is boring. Even talking about how talking about the subject which concerns the discussion surrounding the talking about how making remarks concerning talking about jokes is boring, is boring. Even talking about how the statements that pertain to the discussion surrounding the talking of the talking about how talking about the subject which concerns the discussion surrounding the talking about how making remarks concerning talking about jokes is boring - of which is boring - is boring.

Ignorant posters making ignorant posts is very boring yes.

OP would be unlikely to make Oxford because their GCSEs are too low

https://www.medsci.ox.ac.uk/study/medicine/pre-clinical/statistics

Cambridge is more probable. Get a good BMAT either way.

Quick Reply

Latest