Original post by AlQaholic
AC66C7E7-5F3C-472B-B2D9-F83E0F01A848.jpg.jpeg my face got fat 😰

:hugs:
Original post by Luluroo
:hugs:

:cute:
Reply 522
Original post by Count Bezukhov
I remember that I used to frequent this thread a few months back, now it appears to have been taken over by Hawke :lol:

@shameful_burrito do you and the others still exist lol

And the others :frown:

Tbf Hawke’s posting has died down quite a bit.

What did CuriousSherlock get banned for?
Reply 523
I saw that he was online and cba to quote everyone lol, (correctly) guessed that someone would spot my post :wink:

This whole place seems dead tbh, so boring since I was last here lol

No idea, but you may note that my posting here declined as hers did :lol: (spoke on the phone to her for several hours today though, so all is good :wink:)

To be it was complete coincidence I saw your post. I haven’t post here for ages.

Of course it’s dead. I hardly post in the Chat forum anymore. :wink:

In all seriousness it’s probably because university has started.

Can I come to your wedding?
Reply 524
Lol true, I’ve been drowning in uni work recently too.

I can post the call log if you don’t believe me lol, we spoke for ages :lol: (also managed to meet up during Reading Week, which was fantastic :biggrin:)

I’m a first year and it’s far more work than A levels. You’re probably used to it.

Why wouldn’t I believe you? I was just making a joke about you two getting married.
Reply 525
First year as well :wink:

Ik ik, since we’re on the post a picture thread I’m kinda looking for an excuse to post something, yet every time I look at the list of things I have to do and then add up the time spent talking, my eyes weep (worth every second of course, though :wink:)

Apologies. I confused you for a 22 year old studying economics. Don’t know where I got that from.

Post a picture of the latest photo you have in your phone camera.

Spoiler

Spoiler

(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 526
I do indeed study economics, but I’m not 22.

But that’s a picture of “us” :tongue:

Force of habit, carried over from whatsapp :wink:

Bar work load, how’s it been?

Post a picture of your timetable. It’s not that deep.

Those :wink: are slowly starting to piss me off.
Reply 527
Fine so far, some of the work is difficult but the whole package that uni offers has been great - been able to attend interesting talks and careers events that wouldn’t exist back home, people in halls are nice, big city etc etc. Lack of decent food due to my halls being catered is really getting to me though, lost a few kg already but slowly starting to get back into the gym lyfe

My timetable is online/linked to my phone calendar, so no pictures of it I’m afraid (that would be rather dull, anyway)

Spoiler

3 years or 4? Are you going to do a masters?

I’m self catered. Gordon Ramsay ain’t got nothing on me.

You seem to be a well-cultured man. Tell me, you must be enjoying the Ashes?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 528
3 years, and undecided at the one time. Will probably depend on what job offers I get, and even then I’m debating whether or not to aim for the private sector or public sector; both have their attractions. What about you?

You’re lucky then, I can’t wait until I can cook for myself next year :lol:

Lol you think I have time to watch TV? Managed to do a couple of hours of fencing earlier, but other than that my days are spent working and maintaining a LDR.

I have the 5 years - 6 if I intercalate.

If you think you don’t have time for **** now wait until you have to cook. And I mean cook. Not open the freezer and dump some shite in the oven.

A couple of hours of fencing says the person who doesn’t be any time. How’s it coming along? What colour is it?
Joke I know what fencing is.

Maintaining a LDR is basically like a game you know. Play through it for a few hours, like the phone call, save your progress (the call log) and go back when you want.
Reply 529
My meals are usually pretty simple to make; I’m quite a picky eater, but usually anything along the lines of designated meat x with pasta/potatoes and vegetables is enough to keep me happy. Usually by the time we’ve gone down to the dinner hall, waited in line to be served, sat down and ate, stayed for an appropriate time in fitting with social convention, I’d have been able to have cooked and finished a self-catered meal anyway, so it won’t have a huge impact. Plus, I’ll be able to do other (more productive) things whilst food is cooking, which isn’t obviously possible at the present, when you have to go a big hall to get food.

But our workload is seriously gigantic. It’s not so much the required work that takes time, but it’s all the extra reading and questions that you should be doing that is particularly time-consuming. I manage to get out for a couple of hours for fencing each week, managed two hours in the gym this week too because we had a (rare) free day, but I’m mostly pretty busy and work until 1-2am.

What about washing up? Boring as ****. Grass isn’t always greener, although I enjoy eating food I make myself

It’s the opposite for me. There’s no extra reading or questions etc. It’s simply lecture and seminar material. Of course there’s reading lists to add to lecture notes but that counts as required work - it still takes a crap load of time. Not like 1-2AM though. I’m done usually before 8PM. I literally can’t keep my eyes open if I get less than 8 hours sleep.

Can’t believe saying this but A levels were a load of piss.

Maintaining that also takes time, we try to call each day and text as much as is possible when we’re not in lectures and things. In the language of economics, I’m carefully managing my marginal rate of substitution for the rate at which working hours are exchanged for calling hours, in order to maximise my utility.

Consider Simplex Algorithim to maximise profit, in this context, time.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 530
Lol 1st years complaining about workload... cute.
Reply 531
Original post by eden3

Don’t see how it could be anymore tbh.
Reply 532
Rah as if you’re only 18 wtf that’s so embarrassing for me lmfao I’m stuck here tryna grow a stubble
Original post by eden3

:rofl: :toofunny:
If you’re 19 I’m 15 😂
Reply 535
Original post by Kevin Hodge
If you’re 19 I’m 15 😂

:lol: Mayne if you're 15 I'm 6
Original post by eden3
:lol: Mayne if you're 15 I'm 6

OH MAYNE... burrito be making all of us look younger than we are.
Reply 537
IMG_1043.jpg
(edited 6 years ago)

Few of me, been a while.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by ops12
IMG_1043.jpg

You have pretty eyes girl :ahee:

Quick Reply

Latest