The Student Room Group

Urgent help needed

Hey guys so I need help on this question. I have worked everything else but I don't get why this equation 4*pi/3 is the same is the answer I got can you help me, also show full working please. Also Please don't quote this whole thing as I want to delete the post after.

(v) Calculate the length of Arc 1 and Arc 2, The answer I got for this was 4.19

(vi) Calculate 4π/3

(vii) Why are the answers to (v), and (vi) the same?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by iblue
Hey guys so I need help on this question. I have worked everything else but I don't get why this equation 4*pi/3 is the same is the answer I got can you help me, also show full working please. Also Please don't quote this whole thing as I want to delete the post after.

(vii) Why are the answers to (v), and (vi) the same?

Have you done radians yet? If so, then the length of arcs 1 and 2 (which are equal if equilateral) can be found using the equation s=rθs=r\theta, where ss is the arc length, θ\theta is the angle of the sector and rr is the radius of the circle from which the sector is subtended. Using this formula you should be able to show that (v) and (vi) are the same numerical result.

Note: 180 degrees is pi radians
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Cryptokyo
Have you done radians yet? If so, then the length of arcs 1 and 2 (which are equal) can be found using the equation s=rθs=r\theta, where ss is the arc length, θ\theta is the angle of the sector and rr is the radius of the circle from which the sector is subtended. Using this formula you should be able to show that (v) and (vi) are the same numerical result.

No but thanks for the equation :biggrin:
Reply 3
Original post by Cryptokyo
Have you done radians yet? If so, then the length of arcs 1 and 2 (which are equal) can be found using the equation s=rθs=r\theta, where ss is the arc length, θ\theta is the angle of the sector and rr is the radius of the circle from which the sector is subtended. Using this formula you should be able to show that (v) and (vi) are the same numerical result.

Could you tell me what values go into theta and r, the values I am putting aren't getting the answer I want, also why is it 4*PI/3 why can't it be 4/3?

Quick Reply

Latest