Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What qualities make someone literally impossible to get along with? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    and how can they change
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Clinginess. But from experience, they don't change.

ReputationRep:
    People that think they're experts on everything, especially things that they are obviously not experts on. Like that friend everyone has who knows everything there is to know about cars and has an opinion as to why everyone's car is for some reason deficient, or not as good as it could be.....but they don't even have a driving licence.

Also, people who reply "feminism" to online threads.

ReputationRep:
    Show-offs.
    Ugh, they can be so annoying. Especially when they don't have anything to brag about, e.g.

"My jacket is designer. I got it from Harrods."
    Then you see the same thing in some cheap shop on discount.

ReputationRep:
    being a Lannister.

And killing their father in the bathroom
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    If someone didn't like animals or mistreated them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by veeraxox)
    and how can they change
    If the person constantly challenges or argues or disagrees with literally everything you say. For example, if you say "can you pass the salt" and they say "I don't know can I?" but respond that way every time you ask something like that. Or if they just can't accept an agreement or anything. That just makes it pointless having a conversation with them because they'll just try to cause drama.

ReputationRep:
    There's a woman in my office who can't formulate a sentence without saying the word "like" at least once every 5 words, she does my head in.

ReputationRep:
    Superiority complex.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Mysterious Lord)
    Superiority complex.
    I have that, it's why I don't get on with the majority of people.

ReputationRep:
    Any man who owns a pair of pastel coloured trousers really isn't worth knowing.

ReputationRep:
    being a corbyn supporter.

ReputationRep:
    Never accepting fault

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClearSky II)
    Show-offs.
    Ugh, they can be so annoying. Especially when they don't have anything to brag about, e.g.

"My jacket is designer. I got it from Harrods."
    Then you see the same thing in some cheap shop on discount.
    Hahaha on point. :rofl:
    Happens in my community a lot.

ReputationRep:
    People who oscillate between episodes of boasting and self-pity

ReputationRep:
    People who talk more and listen less.
    Like mate, the world aint centered just around you.

Another is someone who thinks highly of themselves.

If you want to know what a persons like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals
    "Sirius Black" aka the legend.

ReputationRep:
    Arrogance. Just learn to appreciate that there's always going to be better people than you and embrace it, you can learn a lot from them. I almost fell down this path once, but honestly it doesn't matter if you're richer or smarter than some people, everyone has something to teach you, be it a fellow classmate or that dinner lady that dropped out of school. Everyone has a story and it's humbling to hear them and appreciate everyone without being arrogant and showing off. Let people have their say and don't intimidate them with your fantastic grades or posh lifestyle, it's a common rule of courtesy to make the person you are talking to feel comfortable and I feel like some people forget that.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Narcissism.
    It's annoying when they are constantly wanting attention and validation from others every second of their lives and have an excessive indulgence in themselves. Like, not everything is about you and the world doesn't owe you anything.

Such people don't change or adapt very well, because they often feel they aren't the burden in the friendship/relationship and that there's something wrong with the other person.

ReputationRep:
    Selfishness/
    people who make everything about them without even asking how the other person it/
    misogynists/
    mansplainers/
    people who look up to Kim Kardashian/
    Kim Kardashian herself/
    self-entitled superior brats who think they're somehow more gifted/ smarter/inherently marvellous than others when actually they've just had a spoon up their bums their whole lives and have no idea how to empathise with others less fortunate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ)
    There's a woman in my office who can't formulate a sentence without saying the word "like" at least once every 5 words, she does my head in.
    She is me

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 21, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.