The Student Room Group

Other forms of ID?

Other forms of ID other than Passport, Drivers Licence and Proof of Age Card?

I want to know, I've heard of a connections card, is that still running? Also is there any other cards,ect from the post office?
Reply 1
Original post by elmosandy
Other forms of ID other than Passport, Drivers Licence and Proof of Age Card?

I want to know, I've heard of a connections card, is that still running? Also is there any other cards,ect from the post office?

The only widely accepted ID that you'll never have a problem with is Government issued, so a driving licence or passport.

Everything else is, quite frankly, a waste of money.
Reply 2
Original post by IWMTom
The only widely accepted ID that you'll never have a problem with is Government issued, so a driving licence or passport.

Everything else is, quite frankly, a waste of money.

Oh I know but I want a PASS anyway and one other form for everyday use. I would use Passport and Drivers Licence on a Night Out maybe
Reply 3
Oh I know but I want a PASS anyway and one other form for everyday use. I would use Passport and Drivers Licence on a Night Out maybe

What's the point of paying for a card with such a low acceptance rate when a driving licence is just as easy to carry around? Doesn't seem logical at all...
Reply 4
Original post by IWMTom
What's the point of paying for a card with such a low acceptance rate when a driving licence is just as easy to carry around? Doesn't seem logical at all...

I've sent off for my provisional but getting a passport and even a PASS is tricky because I need a countersignature. But you're right, although I don't like the idea of carrying a passport/drivers licence on me all the time in case I lose it I just wondered if there's anything else I've heard of a connections card?
Reply 5
I've sent off for my provisional but getting a passport and even a PASS is tricky because I need a countersignature. But you're right, although I don't like the idea of carrying a passport/drivers licence on me all the time in case I lose it I just wondered if there's anything else I've heard of a connections card?

You'll need a counter signature for the photograph on your provisional licence too...
Reply 6
Original post by IWMTom
You'll need a counter signature for the photograph on your provisional licence too...

I know but for passport it's a stricter criteria... when I read the provisional criteria for a countersignature it seemed a bit more flexible on who the person had to be and what their job is. Just to me. Well if i'm wrong i'll get a letter in the post telling me
I once got let into a club with my Conservative Party Membership card. didn't even have my DOB on lol
Unless you get a driving license or passport you're pretty much out of options. PASS card are okay for using in supermarkets etc but you'll have difficulty getting into clubs.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by bones-mccoy
Unless you get a driving license or passport you're pretty much out of options. PASS cars are okay for using in supermarkets etc but you'll have difficulty getting into clubs.

Yeah see that's what I mean. I could use driving licence/passport in clubs and PASS + something else in supermarkets. This is what I mean by everyday use. I want another form of ID for everyday use.
Reply 10
Yeah see that's what I mean. I could use driving licence/passport in clubs and PASS + something else in supermarkets. This is what I mean by everyday use. I want another form of ID for everyday use.

Why not save the money? You're more likely to lose your driving licence in a club than in a supermarket anyway - just seems a bit fruitless to carry around another form of ID when you don't really need it.
There isn't much else, really. I did have a PASS card and have had problems with it being accepted in Tesco.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending