The Student Room Group

Are red light cameras also speed cameras?

I was going 30mph in a 30 zone and as I approached a set of traffic lights, it was about to turn red but I past the lights on amber. But where the traffic lights was is also where the speed limit changes to 20mph and as I went past the traffic lights I was still doing 30mph. I didn't notice any flash but I'm confused whether a speed camera can be placed where the speed also changes and also if a red light camera is also a speed camera.
Original post by Davidisco.S
I was going 30mph in a 30 zone and as I approached a set of traffic lights, it was about to turn red but I past the lights on amber. But where the traffic lights was is also where the speed limit changes to 20mph and as I went past the traffic lights I was still doing 30mph. I didn't notice any flash but I'm confused whether a speed camera can be placed where the speed also changes and also if a red light camera is also a speed camera.

Just did a quick Google and apparently red light cameras can also be adjusted to detect speed, so unfortunately you may have been caught. Not much you can do though, I'm afraid! just wait it out.
Were there cameras at the red lights? The vast majority of them don't have cameras
Reply 3
Original post by Davidisco.S

Red light cameras are fairly rare, however, they usually capture speed of the offending vehicle, but only when you go through a red light.

Quick Reply

Latest