The Student Room Group

Best/Worst London Boroughs to live in?

I am thinking of moving to London, wanting to know where to avoid, what kind of people live in particular areas etc. Just looking for recommendations!
Tottenham or Croydon are the best places to live :borat:
Original post by qasim_96
Tottenham or Croydon are the best places to live :borat:

Tell 'em CROYDON IS THE CAPITAL OF LONDON!
dont go lambeth or tottenham, gang central
Original post by cereidee
tell 'em croydon is the capital of london!

absolutely gorgeous 😍
come lewisham or southwark tho ayyy
Original post by Cereidee
Tell 'em CROYDON IS THE CAPITAL OF LONDON!

loooool its barely in London
absolutely gorgeous 😍

do u live in south london?
Original post by CallMeSosa
loooool its barely in London

Yet it's still the capital. That's how great it is my friend.
Yet it's still the capital. That's how great it is my friend.

nah I gotta disagree there the only good thing about Croydon is trams. Southwark is the capital of London
do u live in south london?

I'm from just outside London but I've been to south London lots of times.
I am looking for somewhere where there is little crime and is reputable... idk maybe im wrong but i hear that the places youre saying have a lot of crime? What about Ealing, do you guys know if it's good? Rent is high but people say it's a nice area
I'm from just outside London but I've been to south London lots of times.

Ohhh, just outside London like Surrey, Kent, Essex?
Original post by strawberries567
I am looking for somewhere where there is little crime and is reputable... idk maybe im wrong but i hear that the places youre saying have a lot of crime? What about Ealing, do you guys know if it's good? Rent is high but people say it's a nice area

They do, we're just kidding. If you want low crime go for somewhere like Bromley or Kensington and Chelsea
nah I gotta disagree there the only good thing about Croydon is trams. Southwark is the capital of London

Southwark is alright, but what does it have to offer?

Croydon has more than just trams - though it is something Southwark doesn't have.

We have different shopping outlets, whitgift, centrale, purley way, the colonnades, valley park, and the new Westfield that, I'm ngl should have been started a couple years ago BUT ITS COMING, lol.

We also got different districts/ suburbs, the calm, relaxed purley and south croydon, busy and bustling west croydon and Thornton Heath, and the more 'posh'; though I don't see it like that, Shirley, selsdon and coulsdon.

Mate Croydon's the one, even the schools are alright, we got BRIT school, where many celebs went, inc. Leona Lewis, Amy Whinehouse, Adele, Jessie J, Ella Eyre, Katy B.

Oh and fun fact, stormzy's mum used to work at my school, and I used to live on the same road as Dot Branning off Eastenders.

Croydon's lit, admit it. Sorry for the essay, I'll defend my borough til the end.
Harlesden is quite cheap but very depressing to live in.
Hammersmith is nice
Southwark is alright, but what does it have to offer?

Croydon has more than just trams - though it is something Southwark doesn't have.

We have different shopping outlets, whitgift, centrale, purley way, the colonnades, valley park, and the new Westfield that, I'm ngl should have been started a couple years ago BUT ITS COMING, lol.

We also got different districts/ suburbs, the calm, relaxed purley and south croydon, busy and bustling west croydon and Thornton Heath, and the more 'posh'; though I don't see it like that, Shirley, selsdon and coulsdon.

Mate Croydon's the one, even the schools are alright, we got BRIT school, where many celebs went, inc. Leona Lewis, Amy Whinehouse, Adele, Jessie J, Ella Eyre, Katy B.

Oh and fun fact, stormzy's mum used to work at my school, and I used to live on the same road as Dot Branning off Eastenders.

Croydon's lit, admit it. Sorry for the essay, I'll defend my borough til the end.

Loool Southwark has things like Southwark Bridge, the Shard and markets like Borough Market and East Street Market. It got the cultural centre of London in Peckham and it's got South Bank and Tower Bridge, London Bridge and the Tate Modern.

Tbh the schools aren't as good as Croydon tho.

Oh yeah and I don't even live there anymore, I live in Lewisham and just in my primary school we had people who had uncles in JLS and grandmas in Eastenders and now I got Jacqueline Jossa's cousin in my class. I also used to have Joivan Wade's brother in my class.

So Croydon's good but it's not special like that, and it's too far from the rest of London.
Sosa do you know anything about West? Shepherd's Bush, Acton, Ealing etc?
Original post by strawberries567
Sosa do you know anything about West? Shepherd's Bush, Acton, Ealing etc?

nah not a lot sorry.

Quick Reply

Latest