Where can BTEC level 3 Applied Science get me at University?

Watch
asohibn
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi what degrees could I get into with BTEC level 3 applied science ? Can I get into Pharamcy or biomedical sciences etc or even Law? Thanks
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by asohibn)
Hi what degrees could I get into with BTEC level 3 applied science ? Can I get into Pharamcy or biomedical sciences etc or even Law? Thanks
You are going to have to look at the entrance requirements for each course.
Assuming its the extended diploma then law wont mind.

The other two will depend upon whether you have enough credits in the sciences they require.

Example Bradford for its pharmacy course says

BTEC Extended Diploma:

DDD. Applied Science with a minimum four Chemistry units and two Maths units at Distinction. Acceptable only with A-level Chemistry or A-level Biology at grade B.

Nottingham says
BTEC National Diploma: grades equivalent to our typical A level offer, with distinctions in key subjects like applied chemistry or pharmaceutical sciences and A level chemistry.

Sheffield for Biomedical says

BTEC DD in Applied Science or Medical Science + grade A in an A-level science subject + Interview. BTEC in Medical Science is not accepted where A Level Biology is offered. Specific BTEC units are required and depend on A Level subject offered, for further details see: http://www.sheffield.ac.uk/bms/prosp...y-requirements

Manchester and Birmingham wont accept BTEC for Biomedical.
Tinkyblaze
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I was asking would there be any construction based thing which I could do in uni which require BTEC level 3 applied Science.
honeymoons
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Almost every university accepts BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Applied Science. Some prestigious universities only accept it if it’s taken with another A-level but most don’t. I study the course and applied for veterinary medicine with a foundation year and got a place at the RVC (#1 vet school in the world)! So anything is possible really there’s just different pathways that you might have to take e.g. foundation year.
dontwatchthat8
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
where did you study at uni
freddie343
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
im doing applied science (medical science ) and want to be a nurse will i still be able to do a nursing degree with this alevel
Unknown 222
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Have you done unit 4?
lemons_hjs
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
hi, im planning on studying veterinary medince too and i have taken bTEC applied science as well as BTEC IT in my 12th grade subject options. Could you tell me more about where and what the fees were?
lemons_hjs
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by honeymoons)
Almost every university accepts BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Applied Science. Some prestigious universities only accept it if it’s taken with another A-level but most don’t. I study the course and applied for veterinary medicine with a foundation year and got a place at the RVC (#1 vet school in the world)! So anything is possible really there’s just different pathways that you might have to take e.g. foundation year.
hi, im planning on studying veterinary medince too and i have taken bTEC applied science as well as BTEC IT in my 12th grade subject options. Could you tell me more about where and what the fees were?
Hannahhhhajka
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Has anyone got distinctions for unit 4 BTEC applied science?
Hannahhhhajka
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Has anyone done unit 4?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (108)
63.53%
I don't have everything I need (62)
36.47%

Watched Threads