The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Chemistry Textbook

My teachers tell me the Collins Year 1-and-AS student book has fundamental Chemistry mistakes in (even though that's the one they provided). Has anybody identified them?

Should I buy the Oxford one?
Original post by K.C.
My teachers tell me the Collins Year 1-and-AS student book has fundamental Chemistry mistakes in (even though that's the one they provided). Has anybody identified them?

Should I buy the Oxford one?

Hiya,

I have never used the Collins one for AQA Chemistry, so unfortunately I'm not much help on that front, but I was given online access to the Oxford one at school.

However I ended up using a completely different textbooks for AQA A Level Chemistry and they were honestly the best ones I have ever used.

This is the link to Book 1 (there is a book two as well) https://www.hoddereducation.co.uk/Product/9781471807671.aspx

(I don't know if they sell Book 1 and 2 together - I had two separate books).

It's by Hodder education and is specifically designed for the AQA board. I found that it was an great help with the Maths side of things with tons of examples and explanations. They also explain things really simply and include lots of practice questions.

Good luck with A Level Chemistry :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest