The Student Room Group

Why is the forum dead?

Scroll to see replies

TSR's past it now. Its golden years have gone. There's an incredible lack of sense of community which is what made it so great years ago. If it could get that back then it could be great again, but for now it's just empty. If TSR was a song it would be Britney Spears - Lucky.
Original post by Getting Banned 2
All the trolls are 'getting banned' that's why.

obviously not coz I'm still here
What do you think is causing the forum to become inactive? I've been here for a few months and it seems pretty active although to be honest I do notice a lot of the same people posting.
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
This place used to be pretty rad. Now there's hardly any decent active chat threads. Not acceptable guys. :colonhash:

Post your favourite meme and or hilarious animal photograph to rectify this heinous error

Why is this forum dead ?

because it's full of people like you, that's why I'm here to bring it back to life ! :smile:
I killed it :colone:
The thing is a student forum like this shouldn't really be losing a lot of members because as members finish a-level, uni etc and move on, a new batch of students should theoretically join. Maybe advertising or something is lacking? Who knows, maybe it is just the mass banning of trolls :dontknow:
Original post by Ninja Squirrel
The thing is a student forum like this shouldn't really be losing a lot of members because as members finish a-level, uni etc and move on, a new batch of students should theoretically join. Maybe advertising or something is lacking? Who knows, maybe it is just the mass banning of trolls :dontknow:

It's definitely advertising. It would do well to attract university students as well but from what I've seen it prioritises six formers and year 10s.
Reply 28
You're here, thats why
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
This place used to be pretty rad. Now there's hardly any decent active chat threads. Not acceptable guys. :colonhash:

Post your favourite meme and or hilarious animal photograph to rectify this heinous error
Everyone realized TSR was going to the dogs and migrated to Reddit.
Original post by Ninja Squirrel
What do you think is causing the forum to become inactive? I've been here for a few months and it seems pretty active although to be honest I do notice a lot of the same people posting.

I've noticed that this website allows a lot of low level harassment, bullying and a lot of ''troll'' threads insulting Muslims. I understand there is free speech but this should not be used as an excuse of hate speech and I think if you get tougher on the nastiness then hopefully you can rebuild the community.

Quick Reply

Latest