The Student Room Group

Iphone 6

I dropped my iphone 6 in water and now it wont work, i have replaced the battery and that seems to have made no difference but i have noticed that my phone was getting hot. does that indicate that it works? is the issue with the screen?
Original post by Gamze123
I dropped my iphone 6 in water and now it wont work, i have replaced the battery and that seems to have made no difference but i have noticed that my phone was getting hot. does that indicate that it works? is the issue with the screen?

You've probably fried a connector to the screen. When water has done substantial damage, it's worth just replacing the phone.

I'll just tag @AngryJellyfish to get this moved to the Mobile phones forum for you :h:
Original post by Gamze123

You've been running electricity through a phone which probably had water on its circuitboards, odds are you've bricked it. Of all the things dropping it in water would have broken, the battery is a not one of them.
Take it to Apple or a third party repair service and they'll be able to tell you if it's salvageable.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending