The Student Room Group

Am I stupid?

Hi, kids in my school keep on saying that kids who can't get As are dumb. I'm aimed to have 3 Cs, 5 Bs,1 A and 1 A*. Please be honest, thanks. :smile:
You're stupid for believing those kids in general.
Reply 2
You're not dumb at all. Those are great results! Besides intelligence is relative, so you're definition of smart could be slightly different to someone else's. There isn't any pin point thing you have to do to be intelligent (e.g getting A's at GCSE does not conclude to you being intelligent or not).
Reply 3
Original post by VivianRose
Hi, kids in my school keep on saying that kids who can't get As are dumb. I'm aimed to have 3 Cs, 5 Bs,1 A and 1 A*. Please be honest, thanks. :smile:

"Intelligence" isn't something you can just measure with a number or some grades imo, people are good at all sorts of different things and sometimes this means school/academia just aren't your forte. It's a pretty loosely defined term that massively depends on context - what good is a degree in physics if you're stuck in a remote forest with no survival skills?

That being said, your grades aren't even bad! A fair portion of students on this site are high achievers (A/A*), a vocal minority, which makes it easy to overlook decent grades. Put it this way - they're more than enough to get into any good sixth form, which is basically all you need them for if you go down the A Levels and uni route.

Hope that helps.
As harsh as it was, I loosely agree with 'Getting Banned 2'.

In the sense that, no, what those kids are saying is utter BS. Hell I basically failed my A-levels (had to do an access course), and here I am, about to start my Master's with a solid 2:1 undergrad degree. Now by no means am I Einstein-smart, but I can certainly tell you I'm a far cry from 'dumb' too.

Quick Reply