The Student Room Group

JP Morgan Apprenticeship 2018

The date for applications opening for the JP Morgan Apprenticeship scheme is approaching already, so I thought I'd start a new discussion for it.

Both the 'Financial Services Apprenticeship' and the 'Technology Degree Apprenticeship' applications open on the 2nd of October - so if anyone looking to apply has any questions or anyone who has completed the programme previously would like to share the information here that that would be great.

I myself am keen to do the Financial Apprenticeship, and working my way into JP Morgan this way rather than the Uni route.
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Has anyone done the telephone interview yet ?
Original post by Tj20001
Has anyone done the telephone interview yet ?

Hi mate,

Yeah I have applied quite a while back at the beginning of this month actually and have not heard anything back regarding outcomes or whether I have progressed,

How about yourself?
Original post by adampoole1
The date for applications opening for the JP Morgan Apprenticeship scheme is approaching already, so I thought I'd start a new discussion for it.

Both the 'Financial Services Apprenticeship' and the 'Technology Degree Apprenticeship' applications open on the 2nd of October - so if anyone looking to apply has any questions or anyone who has completed the programme previously would like to share the information here that that would be great.

I myself am keen to do the Financial Apprenticeship, and working my way into JP Morgan this way rather than the Uni route.

Hey,

Have you sent off your application yet?

Heard anything back?
Reply 4
Original post by darkknight93
Hi mate,

Yeah I have applied quite a while back at the beginning of this month actually and have not heard anything back regarding outcomes or whether I have progressed,

How about yourself?

Hi, I sent my application off more recently, How did the telephone interview go, and what type of questions were asked?
Original post by JAYR259
Hi, I sent my application off more recently, How did the telephone interview go, and what type of questions were asked?

Hi mate,

No, I applied when the applications first opened but have not even been given any feedback or offer for telephone interview
Reply 6
Hey,

Have you sent off your application yet?

Heard anything back?

Hi mate, only just sent my application off a few days ago. Took a while to sort out my predicted grades with my school.

Also had to decide betweeen Bournemouth and London being based in Hertfordshire, went with Bournemouth in the end!

I know I'm in a good position going into it as I did the Think ahead programme in the summer so I skip some of the process, and I know a bit about the apprenticeship programme itself
Original post by adampoole1
Hi mate, only just sent my application off a few days ago. Took a while to sort out my predicted grades with my school.

Also had to decide betweeen Bournemouth and London being based in Hertfordshire, went with Bournemouth in the end!

I know I'm in a good position going into it as I did the Think ahead programme in the summer so I skip some of the process, and I know a bit about the apprenticeship programme itself

Good man,

Please do share with us your experience at the telephone interview when you do hear back!

Cheers
Reply 8
Hi mate,

How about yourself?

HI,

Yes I have got through the application stage and now preparing for the interview. I just don't know what type of questions they will ask
Original post by Tj20001
HI,

Yes I have got through the application stage and now preparing for the interview. I just don't know what type of questions they will ask

Hi mate,

congrats on getting through to the interview!

how long did it take for them to get back to you with an interview after you originally applied? Also did you apply to the London office?

It's just that I applied on the 2nd Oct and still have not heard anything back
Reply 10
Hi mate,

congrats on getting through to the interview!

how long did it take for them to get back to you with an interview after you originally applied? Also did you apply to the London office?

It's just that I applied on the 2nd Oct and still have not heard anything back

Hi,

Thanks. And it took about 2 weeks. Yes I did apply to the London one.
Maybe they are still reviewing your application.
Original post by Tj20001
Hi,

Yeah maybe you're right.

From past experience those that hear back last usually don't make it through.

Good luck in the rest of the process though!
Reply 12
Yeah maybe you're right.

From past experience those that hear back last usually don't make it through.

Good luck in the rest of the process though!

Original post by Tj20001
Hi,

Just received an email this morning from them saying I'm through to the next stage which is the telephone interview. Sent off my application Thursday I believe.
Reply 13
Does anyone have any ideas of the sort of questions they might ask for the interview over the phone?
Hi, I got an email about a telephone interview too, maybe later on this week. Has anyone had theirs?
Got an email a couple of days ago about a telephone interview too. Is this a viable alternative for a front office job, or would uni route be better?
Can't decide between this and going to a russell group university to break in to the industry.
The apprenticeship isn't for a FO role. However I have spoken to people at the firm who said they do have 2 current apprentices in the front office. The best way to get into a FO role through an apprenticeship is to join the operations department, people have made the jump from operations to IB but it is very difficult.
Got my telephone interview, pray for me guys
Reply 18
Original post by Safwaanpatel123
Got my telephone interview, pray for me guys

All the best!
Reply 19
Good luck to everyone with their applications and telephone interviews.

Im through to the Assessment Centre day on the 8th January in Bournemouth. Excited but not sure what to expect, so going to speak with the careers advisor at my sixth form to see what she knows about this sort of thing.

Quick Reply

Latest