The Student Room Group

EPQ help!

I’m doing these A levels, psychology, law and politics. I’m debating what to do as my EPQ topic. Here are a few I have-
•Should prostitution be legalised?
•Does society produce killers?
•Why the death penalty should be illegal
•Should euthanasia be legalised?
•Is the death penalty an infringement of a human right?
•To what extend can the death penalty be justified?
•What would a Just and fair system look like?
Which one is best? Or are there anymore you can suggest! thank you
Reply 1
Original post by Kxslxyy
I’m doing these A levels, psychology, law and politics. I’m debating what to do as my EPQ topic. Here are a few I have-
•Should prostitution be legalised?
•Does society produce killers?
•Why the death penalty should be illegal
•Should euthanasia be legalised?
•Is the death penalty an infringement of a human right?
•To what extend can the death penalty be justified?
•What would a Just and fair system look like?
Which one is best? Or are there anymore you can suggest! thank you

"To what extent" titles are really good because they give you the freedom to fully explore both sides of the argument and to acknowledge that the answer is not just a straight yes or no. I think it's a really good route for you to go down, however you can pretty much change any of your titles to fit that if you wanted to.

To me, it looks like you have a particular interest in the death penalty, which means it could be a really good choice for you. In essence, the most important thing is that you choose a topic that you are genuinely and really interested in because it will make it easier to research and write. Your title on prostitution could be really interesting and could include a whole variety of different information sources, such as statistics, interviews, documentaries, etc., and the title about a just and fair system is interesting but seems like it would be mostly opinion, so might not be the best option.

I think the title about society producing killers is (in my opinion) over-studied. There's a whole load of information out there about it, but it's a really common topic for people to pick in their EPQ so I think it'd be best for you to pick a topic that is a bit different and will give you an edge

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending