Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Getting a review of marking - A level Psychology Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I am in an annoying position of being informed that I was 1 point away from the next grade for A level Psychology (from a B grade),so thought it may be good to get it checked.The deadline is tomorrow which is already risky,but I also worry about going down a grade. Would it be possible to go down by 28 marks for a subject (there were 3 exams in total)? I know I can't do much,just see what happens,but maybe someone knows or was previously in a similar situation c:

Thankss in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ewisniewska)
    Hi,
    I am in an annoying position of being informed that I was 1 point away from the next grade for A level Psychology (from a B grade),so thought it may be good to get it checked.The deadline is tomorrow which is already risky,but I also worry about going down a grade. Would it be possible to go down by 28 marks for a subject (there were 3 exams in total)? I know I can't do much,just see what happens,but maybe someone knows or was previously in a similar situation c:

Thankss in advance
    No it is very unlikely, unless your examiner was drunk or high on drugs. If it does go up or down it will be by one or two marks. There was a time when people would go up 20 marks occasionally but exam boards now have technology to monitor marking quality. But dont get your hopes up. 1 mark may seem like nothing, I was 1 mark off an A in a subject, got a remark and stayed the same. I think only 1% go up. But go for it there is no harm in trying.

Is there a uni place involved?
    • Very Important Poster

Hi,

Thankss in advance
    You are much less likely to go down by that much. If its important then id go for it notwithstanding only a small % upgrade because they find a genuine mistake.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WrongDong)
    No it is very unlikely, unless your examiner was drunk or high on drugs. If it does go up or down it will be by one or two marks. There was a time when people would go up 20 marks occasionally but exam boards now have technology to monitor marking quality. But dont get your hopes up. 1 mark may seem like nothing, I was 1 mark off an A in a subject, got a remark and stayed the same. I think only 1% go up. But go for it there is no harm in trying.

Is there a uni place involved?
    haha
    Thanks for your response.
    Well,I luckily got a place in my firm,though I was one grade below the entry requirement.However,I was thinking of exchanging university if my first year doesn't go well,so a change of a grade may have an impact on this from what I've read.

ReputationRep:
    haha
    Thanks for your response.
    Well,I luckily got a place in my firm,though I was one grade below the entry requirement.However,I was thinking of exchanging university if my first year doesn't go well,so a change of a grade may have an impact on this from what I've read.
    Yeah id go for it then as even if you went down 10 marks a employer or future uni isnt going to ask for UMS. And if you go up one I guess it gives flexibility. Wish you good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WrongDong)
    Yeah id go for it then as even if you went down 10 marks a employer or future uni isnt going to ask for UMS. And if you go up one I guess it gives flexibility. Wish you good luck!
    Thanks again,I doubted that anyone would reply to this haha
    Well,I hope things will and are going in a good direction for you c:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.