Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi all, (don't let the name put you off I'm not a troll, yet that is)
    wanted to ask a couple of questions and thought this forum could be useful.
    So I wanted to apply for economics but not sure what unis, I take Maths,Economics and Buisness and I may be predicted (AAA-AAB)
    A in maths and business are confirmed predicted grades.
    Also my GCSE grades are as follows: (4A's 5B'c and a C)
    Just wondering what are your thoughts on those gcse grades because when I first looked at them I was just happy I got an A in maths.
    Plus what unis do you recommend
    Thanks in advance
    Sorry for essay

ReputationRep:
    It depends on your economics grade. The similar subjects may count against you. Nottingham is a shot tho because I know last year Someone got accepted with your exact combo but that is A*AA to AAA.
    Birmingham Leeds are AAA
    York and Southampton are defo respected and are targeted by BCG one of the best global management consultancy firms and the grades are AAB with the B in maths hence you pass that so are competitive.
    Go on whatuni and type in your predicts so that can give you more options

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TakingMyTimeOnMy)
    It depends on your economics grade. The similar subjects may count against you. Nottingham is a shot tho because I know last year Someone got accepted with your exact combo but that is A*AA to AAA.
    Birmingham Leeds are AAA
    York and Southampton are defo respected and are targeted by BCG one of the best global management consultancy firms and the grades are AAB with the B in maths hence you pass that so are competitive.
    Go on whatuni and type in your predicts so that can give you more options
    Firstly, thanks for your response.
    I saw qmul which ask for AAA and Loughborough who rank at 12th but they ask for AAB which I don't understand because qmul, Birmingham are lower ranked in economics compared to Loughborough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sexbox 360)
    Hi all, (don't let the name put you off I'm not a troll, yet that is)
    wanted to ask a couple of questions and thought this forum could be useful.
    So I wanted to apply for economics but not sure what unis, I take Maths,Economics and Buisness and I may be predicted (AAA-AAB)
    A in maths and business are confirmed predicted grades.
    Also my GCSE grades are as follows: (4A's 5B'c and a C)
    Just wondering what are your thoughts on those gcse grades because when I first looked at them I was just happy I got an A in maths.
    Plus what unis do you recommend
    Thanks in advance
    Sorry for essay
    notts, loughborough, york, birmingham, leeds, uea, lancaster, surrey, york, manchester - you get the drift.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ze Witcher)
    notts, loughborough, york, birmingham, leeds, uea, lancaster, surrey, york, manchester - you get the drift.
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    Firstly, thanks for your response.
    I saw qmul which ask for AAA and Loughborough who rank at 12th but they ask for AAB which I don't understand because qmul, Birmingham are lower ranked in economics compared to Loughborough.
    Loughborough probably has better student satisfaction, hence the higher ranking - don't quote me on this - just assuming.

I'd argue Birmingham is better than Loughborough for econ, but that's my opinion.

Not sure about QMUL, they've been in clearing a few times with lower entry requirements than AAA - last year they were A*AA which I don't know why..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ze Witcher)
    Loughborough probably has better student satisfaction, hence the higher ranking - don't quote me on this - just assuming.

I'd argue Birmingham is better than Loughborough for econ, but that's my opinion.

Not sure about QMUL, they've been in clearing a few times with lower entry requirements than AAA - last year they were A*AA which I don't know why..
    What would you recommend for insurance (uni)?

ReputationRep:
    What would you recommend for insurance (uni)?
    I don't think anyone could help you with that since it would have to be a place that you'd want to go. Normally, the entry req. would be 2/3 grades lower than your firm though.

When I applied last year I had my firm and insurance were the same (AAA) -- incredibly risky but I was confident in my abilities - I had southampton econ as an insurance choice (out of my 5 choices - didn't pick it as an insurance) but I didnt want to go there - it's still good but it wasn't for me.

Just make sure your insurance choice is somewhere where you wanna go and check the entry req. on ucascourse search.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 20, 2017

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.