The Student Room Group

Was my boyfriends comment a little wrong or not

My boyfriend (who is a lot older than me) sent a text advising me towarch a healthy lifestyle programme on bbc one so I watched it. We both exercise and are interested in fitness/the body. I sent a text saying it was ok and that it was good they promoted it through mentioning ageing, that i was having an healthy meal tonight lol.

He text back 'first part of programme was on bad processed foods, like what your mum and dad eats'. I text back saying 'yea its a shame they wouldnt watch the programme' (i tried to get my mum to watch it but she said it wasnt her sort of thing). He texted back 'you will just have to let them die early in discomfortable circumstances. Just going for a bath'.

Lol. Is it a little wrong what he said or is it ok? Or did I provoke his comment a bit. I suppose he is just being factual. He is very into health etc he wont eat anything that isnt 'good' for him.
Not your fault, what he said was pretty ****ed up.
umm that's quite rude of him to say
That's really not okay to say and honestly i'd be questioning him about it.

Also just because someone eats healthy doesn't automatically mean they'll live longer. In most cases yes but not always.
My great grandmother smoked since she was 14, drank alot of alcohol, ate about two-three bars of chocolate every day (200g bars) , never ate a green vegetable a day in her life, would happily go up for seconds at the buffet and every weekend would take me and my sister to Mcdonalds without fail.

She died at the grand old age of 109 and she only died because she was in a car accident, she easily had another couple of years in her.
Pretty sure if someone says your parents are gonna die in pain and discomfort , it's fked lool
Definitely wrong...
His comments about your parent's diets are out of order to start with and to end with that... Not ok.
Reply 6
Lmao, it was pretty messed up for him to say.

But then again girls justify this kind of behaviour all the time
Reply 7
I would be telling that it is definitely not okay to say the end bit about my parents.
Original post by eden3
Lmao, it was pretty messed up for him to say.

But then again girls justify this kind of behaviour all the time

He must be a medic, therefore what he says is fact and is not wrong. Stop being a wimp.
Original post by Mathemagicien
Surprisingly, I don't think he did **** up.

Discomfortable is, from what I can tell, a perfectly accurate way to describe it, even if uncomfortable sounds more natural.

Your first joke was bad enough, then you edited it and it went worse.
pretty honest tbh
was he crude? yes
was he honest? yes
does he care what you think? no

he's a saint!
You cucks.
Clearly a joke
it's not rude, grow thicker skin.
He could have said the same thing but in a more sensitive way
What a morbid way of putting it across lol, but he's pretty accurate.
Original post by Anonymous
My boyfriend (who is a lot older than me) sent a text advising me towarch a healthy lifestyle programme on bbc one so I watched it. We both exercise and are interested in fitness/the body. I sent a text saying it was ok and that it was good they promoted it through mentioning ageing, that i was having an healthy meal tonight lol.

He text back 'first part of programme was on bad processed foods, like what your mum and dad eats'. I text back saying 'yea its a shame they wouldnt watch the programme' (i tried to get my mum to watch it but she said it wasnt her sort of thing). He texted back 'you will just have to let them die early in discomfortable circumstances. Just going for a bath'.

Lol. Is it a little wrong what he said or is it ok? Or did I provoke his comment a bit. I suppose he is just being factual. He is very into health etc he wont eat anything that isnt 'good' for him.

It lacks self awareness and was pretty inconsiderate. Tell him if it annoyed/ upset you.

Quick Reply