?
Report 2 years ago
Damn this guys a legend, thanks for sharing this ✌️✌️
Dheorl
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Minimum wage in this country at 40 hours a week is a little over £15k a year. Take off the £200 a week living expenses (assuming you can find such a situation suitable for where you work) and you're down to around £13k a year.

Not taking into account interest, which lets be fair, atm is pretty poor, it would take around 75 years to reach 1million, assuming no unforseen expenses, no banks crashing and loosing all your money etc. At this point you're probably to old to enjoy it anyway.
fatiana
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
True say
username1439610
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Or you could get a small loan of a million dollars.
Dhanny
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Thanks . This is truly motivating and eye opening stuff. This advice you have shared may potentially change someones life.

Thank you for sharing threads like these compared to some of the things this forum produces.
It's****ingWOODY
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You need three things to become a millionaire:

1) A sound mind for business
2) The means to start up a business (even small at first)
3) A tremendous work ethic and liaising skills

You don't need a huge inheritance, a degree, good looks or sheer good luck. Just a plan and the motivation to stick it through, with the willingness to persevere and change paths a little where needed.
Canterbury bloke
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yes, you are right. That 70 year old bloke down the road can easily become a millionaire. That unemployed teenager with no money living outside the pound shop in a sink hole town in the north east? He's just lazy. That pregnant sixteen year old blind girl? She's just lazy too. What about that sleeping git in intensive care? Yeah, the one in a coma? He's just lying around, doesn't even need to pay for accommodation! Lucky bloke! He'll be a millionaire soon as well.

I can assure you that trawling the net for success stories won't make you a millionaire. But it will definitely make you wish you were one. Rather than talking about it, let's see you do it.
Poooky
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Are you a millionaire?
Poooky
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm guessing you mean young, single people in the West when you say anyone right? In which case, I agree (if only theoretically!)
IamJacksContempt
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
But here, what would be the point?

Is building up to a million pounds really worth sacrificing your work life balance and your health?

Would they be any happier?
username1221160
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You can become stinking rich if only you adopt the right mindset claims guy who works hard and makes sacrifices but still finds the time post more than 200 times on TSR in a 24 hour period.
dog hand
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It is certainly easier if you have the work ethic and ability to get into Oxbridge or the universities immediately below them. There is a reason why top firms recruit heavily from them and not lesser intuitions.
eden3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What if you work loyal? :holmes:
eden3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
AYMEN then we all work GRAPEFRUIT.
eden3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Once we become millionaires we can BUY our MOMMAS HOUSES
angelike1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm still kinda missing the point here.

At the end of the day there's a difference between saving a million and making a million. The latter is very difficult to do.

Starting up a business is probably the "easiest" way to do it but there's a lot of risk involved.
yungaheartz
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If they don't want it bad enough... doesn't that mean they don't care about becoming rich? Therefore why should they care about making that sacrifice?

No word of a lie, I am one of those people and I have thought about it time and time again and in all honesty - if someone offered me a million pounds free - no questions asked, for nothing in return, no catch - I'd honestly reject it.

Not everyone craves money. Nor do they need it to be happy
miser
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
To become a millionaire, you need to pocketing an average of £25,000 for 40 years. Most jobs don't pay that much, but even if you had one that did, you'd be 60 by the time you'd have £1 million.
Canterbury bloke
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Actually I think I have a pretty positive mind set. You do realise that anybody aged 20 and below, in full time employment, will have earned a million by the time they retire? The issue, as you point out, is a lack of drive and know-how will prevent most from earning a milllion quickly.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (344)
34.68%
No (648)
65.32%

Watched Threads