Do dentists offer a monthly plan ?

Watch
Cleverboy1991
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi.

I'm not in employment right now due to personal reasons, inc mental health though that has not been reported to the doctor or not on my medical records.

I want my 2 front teeth bonded as both are slightly chipped and also there is a slight gap in between them so would like the gap closed, also want some other dental work done but for now I want my 2 front tooth bonded.

my question is, would I be able to get the option to pay off the dental work or would I have to put it in full ? also how much should it cost up front to bond 2 front teeth ?

thanks
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
They may be amenable to discussing a payment plan but realistically I doubt it. Normally they require payment after you finish the procedure (or for multi-part procedures, they may require you to pay half after the first session and half at the end).

You may be able to get dental insurance which would allow you to claim the procedure off that, minus any excess etc. I'm not sure about prices - dentists usually list the prices for common procedures they perform on their websites though.
Doones
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Cleverboy1991)
Hi.

I'm not in employment right now due to personal reasons, inc mental health though that has not been reported to the doctor or not on my medical records.

I want my 2 front teeth bonded as both are slightly chipped and also there is a slight gap in between them so would like the gap closed, also want some other dental work done but for now I want my 2 front tooth bonded.

my question is, would I be able to get the option to pay off the dental work or would I have to put it in full ? also how much should it cost up front to bond 2 front teeth ?

thanks
Many dentists offer monthly payment plans but they are for "routine" work - e.g. one dental check-up and one hygienist visit per year. Such plans may also offer a discount on additional procedures.

They may also offer a "savings plan*" where you pay in an amount per month towards a future procedure. You can only ask if they would offer what you are requiring, but given your likely poor credit rating (due to being unemployed) it's likely they won't.

*I wouldn't recommend this option - if the dentist goes bust you lose your money. Better to put it in a bank savings account. Similarly you could ask your bank for a loan, but again being unemployed makes that less likely to be succesful.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (596)
33.9%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (732)
41.64%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (351)
19.97%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.49%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed