The Student Room Group
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

Engineering foundation year pass rate

Hello, I am due to start the engineering foundation year at Swansea in order to progress onto Civil. I have heard that engineering foundation years have a low pass rate, is this true? I am beginning to get stressed out. Cheers!
Original post by kyledavies97
Hello, I am due to start the engineering foundation year at Swansea in order to progress onto Civil. I have heard that engineering foundation years have a low pass rate, is this true? I am beginning to get stressed out. Cheers!

Just contact the department direct and ask them what the pass rate. TSR are just message forums and you may or may not get a rep who can meet your request.

Contact details
Swansea University Bay Campus Fabian Way Swansea SA1 8EN
Tel: +44 (0)1792 295514
Email: [email protected]

Its natural to be nervous, but you meet the requirements and other students will be the same.
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

I did the foundation year, just about to start 3rd year and I'm transferring to the MEng degree shortly.

Put the hours in, study, and you'll pass. They start you off with the absolute basics so don't worry.

After doing a Foundation year, I found that the people on the course haven't always got the mentality that they want to do well. Hence why a lot of them missed out on their desired course by not doing so well in previous qualifications. It's usually that they do the bare minimum and scrape through or fail.
Don't be put off because as long as you remember your goal and make sure you show your potential then you'll find it easy!

Quick Reply

Latest