The Student Room Group

Will my dog think I'm dead when I'm at uni?!?

Okay, I know this sounds completely bizzarre and kind of stupid, and I know that dogs don't necessarilly 'think' the same way humans do..

But I'm seriously worried he's going to think I've died when I go to uni on Saturday :/

I can deal with missing him, because I know he's still okay back home, but I don't want him to 'think' I'm not coming back for him :frown: I know it's ridiculous, but I just can't stand that I can't explain what's going on to him. As for as he knows, I just left one day to go hunting or whatever it is dogs percieve humans as doing when we leave the house, and then git killed by a bear or a mamoth or whatever. I don't know. I just wish there was some way to let him know that I'm coming back home and that I'm not dead.

Scroll to see replies

Unavoidable, unfortunately, if he doesn't see you for a long time he'll wonder where you are. Another reason why I prefer cats, they won't give a **** if you disappear all of a sudden :rofl: Coming back off a 2 week holiday is like:

"Awwwww, cat, I missed you so much!!"
"Yeah, dunno if you noticed m8, my food bowl is empty :colonhash:"
Dogs don't overthink. After a few days you not being there will just becomea the 'new normal' as far as the dog is concerned... But it'll still be stoked when you come back.
You could face time him I suppose.
Original post by Joinedup
Dogs don't overthink. After a few days you not being there will just becomea the 'new normal' as far as the dog is concerned... But it'll still be stoked when you come back.

That's actually really helpful to hear, thanks :smile: I just really hate the idea of him being confused about where I am, he awags used to start wandering round the house and crying whenever I was late home from college, so I was worried that uni would be way worse :frown:

Original post by JamesN88

Okay, I know you're probably joking, but do you think that could work?????

LOOOOOOOOL my laugh might have woken people up
Original post by BadAtBiology

😂😂😭

on a serious note, I don't have a pet because I know I'll worry about it when I'm gone

Ha ha, I don't know. Only one way to find out...
Original post by Gryffindorian
😂😂😭

on a serious note, I don't have a pet because I know I'll worry about it when I'm gone

I legit spent the first hour after I got my accomodation offer trying to figure out if there was a way I could take him with me... although it probably says a lot that I did the same with my little brother, my grandmas, and my best friend... if I wasn't worrying about my dog I'd just be worrying about something else lol :P

Ha ha, I don't know. Only one way to find out...

Do you think my friend would find it weird if I asked her if I could facetime my dog from her house tomorrow?
Original post by WoodyMKC
Unavoidable, unfortunately, if he doesn't see you for a long time he'll wonder where you are. Another reason why I prefer cats, they won't give a **** if you disappear all of a sudden :rofl: Coming back off a 2 week holiday is like:

"Awwwww, cat, I missed you so much!!"
"Yeah, dunno if you noticed m8, my food bowl is empty :colonhash:"

do you have a cat?
I legit spent the first hour after I got my accomodation offer trying to figure out if there was a way I could take him with me... although it probably says a lot that I did the same with my little brother, my grandmas, and my best friend... if I wasn't worrying about my dog I'd just be worrying about something else lol :P

Do you think my friend would find it weird if I asked her if I could facetime my dog from her house tomorrow?

go for it!!

Dude you're killing me 😂😂😂.

Maybe, maybe not. They might totally understand or they might take the piss, depends on the person.
do you have a cat?

Yes :biggrin: You?
Yes :biggrin: You?

(Oh. So I'm not alone on here at this hour.)

Lol. Your display pic and "pet cat" just don't go together. Big teddy bear, aren't you?

And no. I am terrified of cats, unresolved childhood traumas.
Dude you're killing me 😂😂😂.

Maybe, maybe not. They might totally understand or they might take the piss, depends on the person.

I think it would be kinda sweet.
(Oh. So I'm not alone on here at this hour.)

Lol. Your display pic and "pet cat" just don't go together. Big teddy bear, aren't you?

And no. I am terrified of cats, unresolved childhood traumas.

Yeah, I'm a big softie on the quiet tbh :h:

Oh, that sounds interesting. Feel free to elaborate :biggrin:
Yeah, I'm a big softie on the quiet tbh :h:

Oh, that sounds interesting. Feel free to elaborate :biggrin:

well...it all happened around the same age.

It's quite dumb actually :lol:. But they just keep sneaking up on me. One time in particular, I was walking home from school, and a cat was strolling around. It went under a car and its back scraped the bumper. So I kid you not but all of his hairs STOOD UP and he straightened out on his tiptoes and his tail got so erect, he looked like a badly drawn cartoon cat or something. :afraid:. I stood there for so long too afraid to walk by and then I just ran as fast as I could lol. They're just creepy, I have so many examples.
well...it all happened around the same age.

It's quite dumb actually :lol:. But they just keep sneaking up on me. One time in particular, I was walking home from school, and a cat was strolling around. It went under a car and its back scraped the bumper. So I kid you not but all of his hairs STOOD UP and he straightened out on his tiptoes and his tail got so erect, he looked like a badly drawn cartoon cat or something. :afraid:. I stood there for so long too afraid to walk by and then I just ran as fast as I could lol. They're just creepy, I have so many examples.

:rofl: Well if I saw that example I'd have found it really funny even as a kid! From the way you described it at least anyway. Cats do a lot of weird s*** though, whether you find it strange or funny is down to the person I suppose :lol:
:rofl: Well if I saw that example I'd have found it really funny even as a kid! From the way you described it at least anyway. Cats do a lot of weird s*** though, whether you find it strange or funny is down to the person I suppose :lol:

I'll leave you alone soon I promise :colondollar: but one of my exes has a pet cat and I told him cats terrify me and he decides to tell me about a time a cat got sexually assaulted by another cat in the back alley of his flat...maybe he thought that would be funny...it wasn't. lol. I never looked at his cat the same way ever again.
I'll leave you alone soon I promise :colondollar: but one of my exes has a pet cat and I told him cats terrify me and he decides to tell me about a time a cat got sexually assaulted by another cat in the back alley of his flat...maybe he thought that would be funny...it wasn't. lol. I never looked at his cat the same way ever again.

Oh yeah, rape is fairly common in the cat kingdom. In fact, I have a male and a female cat and before we got him neutered and her spayed we would always catch him trying to pin her down and give her one when he was in season :rofl:

Quick Reply

Latest