Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    so basically i really want to do psychology at birmingham uni, i passed 3 of my AS exams last year but i didn’t set the world alight my highest grade was a C in psychology but i feel i can achieve an A or A* this year with only having to revise for 1 exam, this year I decided to do the btec extended level 3 in applied science along side A2 psychology. i also have the chance to finish my history A level course next year if i choose to. the entry requirements for btec are ‘only considered with a science A Level’ so i meet the criteria but i’m wondering if it would still be worth finishing my history A level to improve my chances. thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blackberryjam)
    so basically i really want to do psychology at birmingham uni, i passed 3 of my AS exams last year but i didn’t set the world alight my highest grade was a C in psychology but i feel i can achieve an A or A* this year with only having to revise for 1 exam, this year I decided to do the btec extended level 3 in applied science along side A2 psychology. i also have the chance to finish my history A level course next year if i choose to. the entry requirements for btec are ‘only considered with a science A Level’ so i meet the criteria but i’m wondering if it would still be worth finishing my history A level to improve my chances. thank you
    All psychology at UOB care about is your three highest grades including psychology and what science qualifications you have
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    oh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paul514)
    All psychology at UOB care about is your three highest grades including psychology and what science qualifications you have
    Thank so much, so you feel i should just focus and bolstering my CV with psychology and science related things instead of anything else ?

ReputationRep:
    Thank so much, so you feel i should just focus and bolstering my CV with psychology and science related things instead of anything else ?
    Make sure you get AAB with one of the A's in Psychology with sufficient science qualifications be that a science A level or high gcse grades.

I've spoken with the admissions tutor at Birmingham before and that's all they care about.

ReputationRep:
    Make sure you get AAB with one of the A's in Psychology with sufficient science qualifications be that a science A level or high gcse grades.

I've spoken with the admissions tutor at Birmingham before and that's all they care about.
    since i’m doing a btec do you think D*D*D* and an A in psychology would be enough ?

ReputationRep:
    since i’m doing a btec do you think D*D*D* and an A in psychology would be enough ?
    I don't know but the psychology page on the website will have the alternative qualifications on there like Scottish highers, btec, access courses etc so you can answer that one yourself.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know but the psychology page on the website will have the alternative qualifications on there like Scottish highers, btec, access courses etc so you can answer that one yourself.
    alright thank you so much for the help

ReputationRep:
    alright thank you so much for the help
    You're welcome.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.