Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should I be nervous or confident for my speech tomorrow? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm delivering a speech tomorrow on the UK about the government. I am a little nervous about speaking in front of 80 people, but I know that I will grow from it. I sent a copy of my speech to the event organiser. She said 'Your speech is great! I'm sure the audience will appreciate your sentiment'.

The first part of her feedback appears really positive, but I'm not too sure of the meaning of the second part of her feedback?

What did she mean by 'appreciate your sentiment'? Is this also positive?
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by Joel35)
    I'm delivering a speech tomorrow on the UK about the government. I am a little nervous about speaking in front of 80 people, but I know that I will grow from it. I sent a copy of my speech to the event organiser. She said 'Your speech is great! I'm sure the audience will appreciate your sentiment'.

The first part of her feedback appears really positive, but I'm not too sure of the meaning of the second part of her feedback?

She just means they will agree with what you are saying. A little nervous is ok, just practice it and then you will realise you can do it gl.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Practice your speech and practice with a group of people.

Good luck
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joel35)

Contrary to what the others have said (they are also quite right though), don't practice too much.

It's important to keep it fresh.

More important than what you actually say is the way that you say it. Be confident, be engaging and be loud and clear.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.