Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can you help me in calculating me grades? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Basically, I got good grades in the papers however it seems like I've completely messed up in the coursework. Is it possible if someone calculates me grades? my exam board is OCR and I've done them this year.

J243 Biology A : 276/400

So that's my over all biology result. What grade would that be?

Here is what I got on the papers
    A161 Biology A B 1,2,3 : 60/100 (C)
    A162 Biology A B 4,5,6 : 80/100 (A)
    A163 Biology A B7: 90/100 (A*)
    A164 Controlled assessment: 46/100 (E)

So using these i want to see what my over all grade is when I get the certificate. Basically, I'm not sure that's why I thought of asking here as well. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show

69/420 :awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome:

ReputationRep:
    In all honesty, I think you'll find that 'you grades' probably aren't worth the effort of calculating.

ReputationRep:
    That will be a C. 240 was a C, 280 a B.
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by Commandomonkey)
    Spoiler:
    Show

69/420 :awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome:

How is that 69/420?
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by Profesh)
    In all honesty, I think you'll find that 'you grades' probably aren't worth the effort of calculating.
    Why? They are for the OP.
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by Mendevv)
    Basically, I got good grades in the papers however it seems like I've completely messed up in the coursework. Is it possible if someone calculates me grades? my exam board is OCR and I've done them this year.

J243 Biology A : 276/400

So that's my over all biology result. What grade would that be?

Here is what I got on the papers
    A161 Biology A B 1,2,3 : 60/100 (C)
    A162 Biology A B 4,5,6 : 80/100 (A)
    A163 Biology A B7: 90/100 (A*)
    A164 Controlled assessment: 46/100 (E)

So using these i want to see what my over all grade is when I get the certificate. Basically, I'm not sure that's why I thought of asking here as well. Thanks!
    Childmum is correct it is a C, but you are one mark off a B.

The grade boundaries are here
    http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/408006-...-june-2017.pdf

The exam weighting is 25% each and can be found in the specification here in page v
    http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/82526-specification.pdf

If you have the money then you can consider a remark, but it isnt straightforward so TAKE NOTE.
    IF A B IS IMPORTANT THEN CONSIDER A REMARK

1. THE DEADLINE IS TODAY 21 SEPTEMBER, YOU MUST MOVE QUICKLY.
    2. The school may or may not support this , which means you may have to pay the fee.
    3. There are two types of remark.

EAR Service 2Post-results mark review (£45.60)To ensure the agreed mark scheme has been applied correctly.This will cover the exams only and you seem to have done well in those.

EAR Service 3Post-results moderation review (£212)Review of the original moderation to ensure assessment criteria have been fairly, reliably and consistently applied.

This will cover the coursework. As you can see its over 4 x as expensive. Its normally meant for everyones coursework as a moderator has to check again then quality of marking by your school.

So your advice is you can go for a remark/ moderation, but it must be today to be within the deadline.
    You only need 1 mark overall or 2-4 in your individual exams.
    The one that has most scope for extra marks is the coursework, which you have scored very poorly on.
    The exam remark is cheaper, but has less scope for improvement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Childmum is correct it is a C, but you are one mark off a B.

The grade boundaries are here
    http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/408006-...-june-2017.pdf

The exam weighting is 25% each and can be found in the specification here in page v
    http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/82526-specification.pdf

If you have the money then you can consider a remark, but it isnt straightforward so TAKE NOTE.
    IF A B IS IMPORTANT THEN CONSIDER A REMARK

1. THE DEADLINE IS TODAY 21 SEPTEMBER, YOU MUST MOVE QUICKLY.
    2. The school may or may not support this , which means you may have to pay the fee.
    3. There are two types of remark.

EAR Service 2Post-results mark review (£45.60)To ensure the agreed mark scheme has been applied correctly.This will cover the exams only and you seem to have done well in those.

EAR Service 3Post-results moderation review (£212)Review of the original moderation to ensure assessment criteria have been fairly, reliably and consistently applied.

This will cover the coursework. As you can see its over 4 x as expensive. Its normally meant for everyones coursework as a moderator has to check again then quality of marking by your school.

So your advice is you can go for a remark/ moderation, but it must be today to be within the deadline.
    You only need 1 mark overall or 2-4 in your individual exams.
    The one that has most scope for extra marks is the coursework, which you have scored very poorly on.
    The exam remark is cheaper, but has less scope for improvement.
    Hey! thanks again for the reply.

It's not worth to do it for the coursework since i'm somewhat sure that I've totally messed up on them.
    But about the remark. I think the school has already done that but again i'm not totally sure about what my mom is saying so it seems like i got a c then. I mean for me a C isn't that bad but I was obviously aiming for a higher mark but the coursework messed it up.

anyways thanks man

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)

:laugh:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.