The Student Room Group

Can you help me in calculating me grades?

Basically, I got good grades in the papers however it seems like I've completely messed up in the coursework. Is it possible if someone calculates me grades? my exam board is OCR and I've done them this year.

J243 Biology A : 276/400

So that's my over all biology result. What grade would that be?

Here is what I got on the papers
A161 Biology A B 1,2,3 : 60/100 (C)
A162 Biology A B 4,5,6 : 80/100 (A)
A163 Biology A B7: 90/100 (A*)
A164 Controlled assessment: 46/100 (E)

So using these i want to see what my over all grade is when I get the certificate. Basically, I'm not sure that's why I thought of asking here as well. Thanks!

Spoiler

Reply 2
In all honesty, I think you'll find that 'you grades' probably aren't worth the effort of calculating.
That will be a C. 240 was a C, 280 a B.
Original post by Commandomonkey

Spoiler

How is that 69/420?
Original post by Profesh
In all honesty, I think you'll find that 'you grades' probably aren't worth the effort of calculating.

Why? They are for the OP.
Original post by Mendevv
Basically, I got good grades in the papers however it seems like I've completely messed up in the coursework. Is it possible if someone calculates me grades? my exam board is OCR and I've done them this year.

J243 Biology A : 276/400

So that's my over all biology result. What grade would that be?

Here is what I got on the papers
A161 Biology A B 1,2,3 : 60/100 (C)
A162 Biology A B 4,5,6 : 80/100 (A)
A163 Biology A B7: 90/100 (A*)
A164 Controlled assessment: 46/100 (E)

So using these i want to see what my over all grade is when I get the certificate. Basically, I'm not sure that's why I thought of asking here as well. Thanks!

Childmum is correct it is a C, but you are one mark off a B.

The grade boundaries are here
http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/408006-legacy-gcse-grade-boundaries-june-2017.pdf

The exam weighting is 25% each and can be found in the specification here in page v
http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/82526-specification.pdf

If you have the money then you can consider a remark, but it isnt straightforward so TAKE NOTE.
IF A B IS IMPORTANT THEN CONSIDER A REMARK

1. THE DEADLINE IS TODAY 21 SEPTEMBER, YOU MUST MOVE QUICKLY.
2. The school may or may not support this , which means you may have to pay the fee.
3. There are two types of remark.

EAR Service 2Post-results mark review (£45.60)To ensure the agreed mark scheme has been applied correctly.This will cover the exams only and you seem to have done well in those.

EAR Service 3Post-results moderation review (£212)Review of the original moderation to ensure assessment criteria have been fairly, reliably and consistently applied.

This will cover the coursework. As you can see its over 4 x as expensive. Its normally meant for everyones coursework as a moderator has to check again then quality of marking by your school.

So your advice is you can go for a remark/ moderation, but it must be today to be within the deadline.
You only need 1 mark overall or 2-4 in your individual exams.
The one that has most scope for extra marks is the coursework, which you have scored very poorly on.
The exam remark is cheaper, but has less scope for improvement.
Reply 7
Original post by 999tigger
Childmum is correct it is a C, but you are one mark off a B.

The grade boundaries are here
http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/408006-legacy-gcse-grade-boundaries-june-2017.pdf

The exam weighting is 25% each and can be found in the specification here in page v
http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/82526-specification.pdf

If you have the money then you can consider a remark, but it isnt straightforward so TAKE NOTE.
IF A B IS IMPORTANT THEN CONSIDER A REMARK

1. THE DEADLINE IS TODAY 21 SEPTEMBER, YOU MUST MOVE QUICKLY.
2. The school may or may not support this , which means you may have to pay the fee.
3. There are two types of remark.

EAR Service 2Post-results mark review (£45.60)To ensure the agreed mark scheme has been applied correctly.This will cover the exams only and you seem to have done well in those.

EAR Service 3Post-results moderation review (£212)Review of the original moderation to ensure assessment criteria have been fairly, reliably and consistently applied.

This will cover the coursework. As you can see its over 4 x as expensive. Its normally meant for everyones coursework as a moderator has to check again then quality of marking by your school.

So your advice is you can go for a remark/ moderation, but it must be today to be within the deadline.
You only need 1 mark overall or 2-4 in your individual exams.
The one that has most scope for extra marks is the coursework, which you have scored very poorly on.
The exam remark is cheaper, but has less scope for improvement.

Hey! thanks again for the reply.

It's not worth to do it for the coursework since i'm somewhat sure that I've totally messed up on them.
But about the remark. I think the school has already done that but again i'm not totally sure about what my mom is saying so it seems like i got a c then. I mean for me a C isn't that bad but I was obviously aiming for a higher mark but the coursework messed it up.

anyways thanks man
Original post by Profesh

:laugh:

Quick Reply

Latest