The Student Room Group

San Diego State White Privilege Quiz

In the latest move of race baiting and divisiveness, a San Diego State University professor has been offering extra credit to students taking her sociology class for completing a quiz to determine their level of white privilege. A quick read through of the list will highlight the stupidity; many of the things she insinuates are privilege are simply the result of living in a country where the majority of people are white and the answer to many of the questions would vary based on where the person lives. It’s amazing how white people are the only race to try and make each other feel guilty for being white.

https://www.thecollegefix.com/post/36904/

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Underscore__
It’s amazing how white people are the only race to try and make each other feel guilty for being white.

OP you racist

/s
Original post by Mathemagicien
Careful, OP, your white privilege is showing.

The fact that white people think white privilege doesn't exist just shows how much of a problem white privilege is.

The fact that I don’t know if this is sarcasm makes me sad.

Also sounds like you think I speak for my entire race, I'll direct you to question 13 on the white privilege quiz
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 3
The fact that it's printed in Comic Sans annoys me more than anything else about this to be honest.
Original post by Underscore__
The fact that I don’t know if this is sarcasm makes me sad.

Every single post by that dude is like that tbf
Reply 5
While "white privilege" is almost certainly a real thing, to a greater or lesser extent depending on context, that list just seems to be mostly "majority privilege" and a black person in Nigeria would tick about as many boxes as a white person in the US.

Interesting point about the availability of skin coloured plasters (No. 17 on the list).
A company in the US brought out a range of plasters for people of colour in 1998, producing 1 million boxes. They were stocked nationwide by major retailers like Wal-Mart. By 2002 they had sold a total of 20,000 boxes and the company went bankrupt.
Original post by Retired_Messiah
Every single post by that dude is like that tbf

Muted him long ago.
Original post by yudothis
Muted him long ago.

I quite like the challenge, myself.
What is the "music of the white race"?

The irony of #9 is pretty interesting.
Original post by Retired_Messiah
I quite like the challenge, myself.

Fair enough.
Reply 10
Original post by Farm_Ecology
What is the "music of the white race"? It's either Vivaldi or Napalm Death. I can never remember which one though.

Somebody complaining that their food is too spicy on loop? :dontknow:
Muted him long ago.

You'd agree on a fair bit without the sarcasm

The theme to Corrie.

The irony of #9 is pretty interesting.

I thought that, whites are the only race who can’t claim they’re being racially discriminated against.

Original post by QE2
While "white privilege" is almost certainly a real thing, to a greater or lesser extent depending on context, that list just seems to be mostly "majority privilege" and a black person in Nigeria would tick about as many boxes as a white person in the US.

It’s really not a real thing, the closest you could argue would be a privilege based on social class. Also because of efforts to redress past discrimination (mostly in the form of affirmative action) you could argue that if you’re poor you’re best of being a female coloured person
Original post by Zargabaath
You'd agree on a fair bit without the sarcasm

Without his sarcasm or mine?
Without his sarcasm or mine?

Without his sarcasm, if he posted his views seriously, you'd probably agree on quite a lot, a vast majority even, he just likes to troll and admittedly is very good at it :lol:
Original post by Zargabaath
Without his sarcasm, if he posted his views seriously, you'd probably agree on quite a lot, a vast majority even, he just likes to troll and admittedly is very good at it :lol:

Wouldn't call that sarcasm. And yes, that's precisely why I put him on ignore, he just wants to troll people, what's the point of bothering with someone like that?
Wouldn't call that sarcasm. And yes, that's precisely why I put him on ignore, he just wants to troll people, what's the point of bothering with someone like that?

you have to lighten up and laugh sometimes otherwise your blood pressure will rise and your mental health will suffer
Original post by QE2
It's either Vivaldi or Napalm Death. I can never remember which one though.

napalm death covered nazi punks **** off so they're race traitors, a 24 hour loop of varg vikernes shi-ting in a norwegian pine forest is the real music of the white race

Quick Reply

Latest