Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    In the latest move of race baiting and divisiveness, a San Diego State University professor has been offering extra credit to students taking her sociology class for completing a quiz to determine their level of white privilege. A quick read through of the list will highlight the stupidity; many of the things she insinuates are privilege are simply the result of living in a country where the majority of people are white and the answer to many of the questions would vary based on where the person lives. It’s amazing how white people are the only race to try and make each other feel guilty for being white.

https://www.thecollegefix.com/post/36904/
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Careful, OP, your white privilege is showing.

The fact that white people think white privilege doesn't exist just shows how much of a problem white privilege is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Underscore__)
    It’s amazing how white people are the only race to try and make each other feel guilty for being white.
    OP you racist

/s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    Careful, OP, your white privilege is showing.

The fact that white people think white privilege doesn't exist just shows how much of a problem white privilege is.
    The fact that I don’t know if this is sarcasm makes me sad.

Also sounds like you think I speak for my entire race, I'll direct you to question 13 on the white privilege quiz
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    The fact that it's printed in Comic Sans annoys me more than anything else about this to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Underscore__)
    The fact that I don’t know if this is sarcasm makes me sad.
    Every single post by that dude is like that tbf

ReputationRep:
    While "white privilege" is almost certainly a real thing, to a greater or lesser extent depending on context, that list just seems to be mostly "majority privilege" and a black person in Nigeria would tick about as many boxes as a white person in the US.

Interesting point about the availability of skin coloured plasters (No. 17 on the list).
    A company in the US brought out a range of plasters for people of colour in 1998, producing 1 million boxes. They were stocked nationwide by major retailers like Wal-Mart. By 2002 they had sold a total of 20,000 boxes and the company went bankrupt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Retired_Messiah)
    Every single post by that dude is like that tbf
    Muted him long ago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yudothis)
    Muted him long ago.
    I quite like the challenge, myself.

ReputationRep:
    What is the "music of the white race"?

The irony of #9 is pretty interesting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Retired_Messiah)
    I quite like the challenge, myself.
    Fair enough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Farm_Ecology)
    It's either Vivaldi or Napalm Death. I can never remember which one though.

ReputationRep:
    Somebody complaining that their food is too spicy on loop? :dontknow:

ReputationRep:

So many stupid questions in this quiz. Terrible way of reducing a complex and nuanced issue into a yes/no question.

ReputationRep:
    Muted him long ago.
    You'd agree on a fair bit without the sarcasm

ReputationRep:
    The theme to Corrie.

ReputationRep:

I thought that, whites are the only race who can’t claim they’re being racially discriminated against.

(Original post by QE2)
    While "white privilege" is almost certainly a real thing, to a greater or lesser extent depending on context, that list just seems to be mostly "majority privilege" and a black person in Nigeria would tick about as many boxes as a white person in the US.
    It’s really not a real thing, the closest you could argue would be a privilege based on social class. Also because of efforts to redress past discrimination (mostly in the form of affirmative action) you could argue that if you’re poor you’re best of being a female coloured person

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zargabaath)
    You'd agree on a fair bit without the sarcasm
    Without his sarcasm or mine?

ReputationRep:
    Without his sarcasm or mine?
    Without his sarcasm, if he posted his views seriously, you'd probably agree on quite a lot, a vast majority even, he just likes to troll and admittedly is very good at it :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zargabaath)
    Without his sarcasm, if he posted his views seriously, you'd probably agree on quite a lot, a vast majority even, he just likes to troll and admittedly is very good at it :lol:
    Wouldn't call that sarcasm. And yes, that's precisely why I put him on ignore, he just wants to troll people, what's the point of bothering with someone like that?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.