The Student Room Group

What does it mean to be called cute and pretty by a guy at work??

Ok so there's a guy at work and we got on really well from the first day we met, we would always talk and just laugh about everything...

As time went on I've realised he's really touchy, he'll always touch my hand, hip etc and then he'd always say I'm a natural beauty (I didn't really think much of this)

One day I was with my friend and saw him and he came and gave me the longest hug he's ever given and then joined us to have coffee.. he told us he has a girlfriend... so in my mind I thought 'oh ok so he's not interested in me cuz he has a girlfriend ' so after that day I've just been friendly and not overly friendly (showing I'm interested in him)

But every time I see him, he always says 'you know you're really pretty'or 'you're really cute

Like if he has a girlfriend why does he say and do those things??
Have any of you experiences something similar to this??
Reply 1
he fancies you, but his hands are tied

maybe he wants to have his cake and eat it [have both of you]
maybe he's trying to jump ship and swap you for his gf
maybe he has no intention to do any of that and just wants to flirt to enhance his ego

hard to tell.
Original post by yasminali20
Ok so there's a guy at work and we got on really well from the first day we met, we would always talk and just laugh about everything...

As time went on I've realised he's really touchy, he'll always touch my hand, hip etc and then he'd always say I'm a natural beauty (I didn't really think much of this)

One day I was with my friend and saw him and he came and gave me the longest hug he's ever given and then joined us to have coffee.. he told us he has a girlfriend... so in my mind I thought 'oh ok so he's not interested in me cuz he has a girlfriend ' so after that day I've just been friendly and not overly friendly (showing I'm interested in him)

But every time I see him, he always says 'you know you're really pretty'or 'you're really cute

Like if he has a girlfriend why does he say and do those things??
Have any of you experiences something similar to this??

it means the same as any guy who calls you cute and pretty I guess...
Girl I think you're reading too much into this.. chill its not a crime for a boy to call a girl pretty or hug you.. Maybe he thinks of you as his best friend or something or a little sister. You say you're working so dont act like someone in highschool. If you really wanna know then just get him drunk and ask him.
What he's doing is really inappropriate considering he has a girlfriend. I hate guys who think they have the right to touch you; he sounds like a total creep.
ew tell him to f*ck off lol
why are some men so gross :/
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 6
He's a douchebag.

Keep your distance.

If he touches you, any physical contact. State to him that you think it's inappropriate and to stop it.
how does it make you feel when he hugs you and stuff ? offended ? happy ? sad ?

Quick Reply

Latest