The Student Room Group

Bag for Uni and Contents. Need Opinions!

Hey guys,
I was looking for a bag and I don't know what kind of bag i want. I wanted to buy a bag for uni online. I wanted to hear some peoples opinions and what they brought (preferably you can link me to the website). I would also like to know what do you bring in your bag for a typical day; I'm going to be a Engineer student and I'm male and i was looking for something under £40.

here is a few i found on amazon :
Original post by ItsTheLegend27
Hey guys,
I was looking for a bag and I don't know what kind of bag i want. I wanted to buy a bag for uni online. I wanted to hear some peoples opinions and what they brought (preferably you can link me to the website). I would also like to know what do you bring in your bag for a typical day; I'm going to be a Engineer student and I'm male and i was looking for something under £40.

Are you going to be living on campus? If so all you need is something that will fit it your laptop or notebook and a pencil case, and perhaps a flask and packed lunch. All the bags seem appropriate choices, getting a waterproof one is a good idea if you ll be using a laptop.
Original post by claireestelle
Are you going to be living on campus? If so all you need is something that will fit it your laptop or notebook and a pencil case, and perhaps a flask and packed lunch. All the bags seem appropriate choices, getting a waterproof one is a good idea if you ll be using a laptop.

Yes I'm living near the campus.Do I need to bring my laptop to uni? I just don't want to carry it everywhere if just a pad is enough but i guess that's my choice to make once i get a feel of how the course is like.
Yes I'm living near the campus.Do I need to bring my laptop to uni? I just don't want to carry it everywhere if just a pad is enough but i guess that's my choice to make once i get a feel of how the course is like.

It's up to you, making notes is faster on a laptop but it's what works for your notes style
Original post by claireestelle
It's up to you, making notes is faster on a laptop but it's what works for your notes style

Really? i thought its slower to type everything up... how is it faster on a laptop? XD
Look at a dakine campus bag. It has a laptop thing, and its of helpful pockets. It also holds a lot and comes in different colours. Have one and have had it for a year or so and its in great condition! it comes in 25 and 33 litres

Hey guys,

(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 6
Really? i thought its slower to type everything up... how is it faster on a laptop? XD

Most people type faster on laptops it varies person to person
Might be slower for you.
Original post by cc85734
Look at a dakine campus bag. It has a laptop thing, and its of helpful pockets. It also holds a lot and comes in different colours. Have one and have had it for a year or so and its in great condition! it comes in 25 and 33 litres

yea thats pretty nice actually, hmmmm i might pick that one up, Currently have a backpack buts pretty small. I thought i'll use it for a freshers and see if I really need a new one. But this seems pretty alright. thanks!
Original post by Meltend
Most people type faster on laptops it varies person to person
Might be slower for you.

Yea, I've never really used a computer to type stuff up in real time. Do lectures move very fast? I have no idea what to expect of uni lectures, especially in terms of notes taking.

you can bullet point the main points in lecturers then easily add things on that you might do in reading you do for example so overall it can save time.

Quick Reply

Latest