The Student Room Group

How do I make friends at my new sixth form?

I've been here for nearly 3 weeks and although I've made some friends in classes, the only person I hang out with outside of class is a friend from my old school. I feel so isolated sitting in the common room with groups of friends chatting and laughing. What should I do?
Reply 1
You just have to give it some time, its like year 7 where over time everyone will know eachother naturally. For the mean time, try ask fake questions to people like wheres toilet? to make conversation and get to know a few names.

Good luck

Original post by han_pres
I've been here for nearly 3 weeks and although I've made some friends in classes, the only person I hang out with outside of class is a friend from my old school. I feel so isolated sitting in the common room with groups of friends chatting and laughing. What should I do?
Original post by han_pres

It'll take time. When I went to my sixth form everyone else was already in their secondary school groups and I was the only person from my secondary school that attended. Then, as time went on I grew closer with a lot of people in my classes and we ended up becoming really good friends. I would get closer to people by getting to class a little bit early so we could talk before teaching began and because most people couldn't be bothered to leave during the break we'd end up talking and getting to know each other there.

At the end of the day, if it doesn't happen, then it doesn't happen. You're at sixth form to learn and get your qualifications.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending