The Student Room Group

Got a remark for Maths (Edexcel 2017) and the marks hasn't changed

Hello, I'm really upset with my results for my maths grade, i predicted a 9 and ended up getting an 8, so I asked for the remark, now that the wait is over, i got my remarked results and................ it's the same, I was 2 marks away from a 9, my exam officer said that Edexcel said "We cannot give any reason to give this student more marks" meaning that my grade wasn't a mistake, NO! an grade 8 doesn't and will never reflect my ability, I'm not happy with my results at all!!!! so The Student Room, how do I move on from this feeling, or to erase it. I know that 8 isn't the worse grade or it's amazing in other people eyes, but in my eyes, it's disgraceful

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Accept that it does reflect your ability (on that day, taking that exam). Move on. Concentrate on current studies and next exams. Do well in those.
Original post by MrAnimator
Hello, I'm really upset with my results for my maths grade, i predicted a 9 and ended up getting an 8, so I asked for the remark, now that the wait is over, i got my remarked results and................ it's the same, I was 2 marks away from a 9, my exam officer said that Edexcel said "We cannot give any reason to give this student more marks" meaning that my grade wasn't a mistake, NO! an grade 8 doesn't and will never reflect my ability, I'm not happy with my results at all!!!! so The Student Room, how do I move on from this feeling, or to erase it. I know that 8 isn't the worse grade or it's amazing in other people eyes, but in my eyes, it's disgraceful

You're such a failure, A* is s***.

To move on, I suggest starting here:
https://people.mcdonalds.co.uk/job-search
u got an 8 be grateful people failed uno
Reply 4
Original post by Ze Witcher
You're such a failure, A* is s***.

To move on, I suggest starting here:
https://people.mcdonalds.co.uk/job-search

XDDDDDDD, thanks for making me laugh, you have that for sure
Reply 5
Original post by lmaooome
u got an 8 be grateful people failed uno

that's the thing, it's not about other people, it's about myself, not going to lie, but I couldn't careless that people got below a 4.
Reply 6
Original post by Franzen
Accept that it does reflect your ability (on that day, taking that exam). Move on. Concentrate on current studies and next exams. Do well in those.

Easier said than done
Reply 7
Ha I got a grade 9! Only a sucker would not get a grade 9, get a remark, and then get only a grade 8!

Hahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahah lololol you failed you got a grade 8 ONLY hahahahah

WELCOME TO MCDONALDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a nice day, @MrAnimator
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 8
8 is terrible dude, should have revised more
that's the thing, it's not about other people, it's about myself, not going to lie, but I couldn't careless that people got below a 4.

Yes, but universities consider grade 8/9 to be the same thing.
Perhaps you should resit it and actually study this time so that you don't insult and your family and get an 8 that anyone and their dog can get
(edited 6 years ago)
This is what happens when you don't revise.

Total failure.
Reply 12
Original post by lmaooome
Yes, but universities consider grade 8/9 to be the same thing.

Really, if i go into a competitive university, let say i got A* for A levels and 8 for GCSE and someone got A* for A levels and 9 for GCSE, who would get the spot, the other person ofc
Reply 13
Original post by Franzen

what are the steps of moving on? really and truly, i just don't know and cant find the answers to move on, my mind still cannot accept it at all
I got 8 in it and I'm happy :smile:

I can still say I got 11 A* and you should count that as an A* too, be happy!
Really, if i go into a competitive university, let say i got A* for A levels and 8 for GCSE and someone got A* for A levels and 9 for GCSE, who would get the spot, the other person ofc

INCORRECT! You won't be applying to a competivie university, becuase you will be working at MCDONALDS!!!!!

AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA! Your wish for uni, along with the remark fee and your pride and dignity (but not your virginity), just went down the drain. You might as well join them. LOLOLOLOLOL

There arent 2 people competing for a spot at uni.And an offer won't be made just on one A level but on all 3. Those 2 people won't have the same a-levels and one different GCSE result won't be used to differentiate between candidates
Reply 17
Original post by Ze Witcher
You got an A* lol, there's not much to be sad about.

I got an A in GCSE maths (2 years) ago and yh, I was pissed that I didn't get an A* - but I remained humble and continued studying. I then came out with an A* in A level math (which is what you're taking I see + FM). 8/9 GCSE would essentially be dead once you have an A* in A level - no one would give a toss about GCSE...

remained humble and continued studying? I'm trying to focus on A level Maths and Further Maths right now, but the very own thoughts of me not getting the desired grade still haunts me. How long was you anger for?
Original post by novaswofter
Perhaps you should resit it and actually study this time so that you don't insult and your family and get an 8 that anyone and their dog can get

My dog got a 8 and he barely revised
Reply 19
Original post by novaswofter
There arent 2 people competing for a spot at uni.And an offer won't be made just on one A level but on all 3. Those 2 people won't have the same a-levels and one different GCSE result won't be used to differentiate between candidates

alright, thank you for making me feel better

Quick Reply

Latest