Fullofsurprises
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
The Hobbit is 80 today! :woo: :clap2: :woo:
https://www.theguardian.com/books/bo...gs-jrr-tolkien

I think Prof. Tolkien would be quietly satisfied with the spread of hobbits, were he still alive.

I felt so happy reading it for the first time, when I was 9. Sort of full of a warm glow but scary at the same time. :yep:

Express your Hobbit-love here. :teehee:
ChaoticButterfly
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Misty mountains is the best bit of the story imo where all the golum and ring finding stuff happens. Also giants throwing boulders,

Definitely one of the books I will read to any children I have.
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
Misty mountains is the best bit of the story imo where all the golum and ring finding stuff happens. Also giants throwing boulders,

Definitely one of the books I will read to any children I have.
I really loved Mirkwood and the spiders, despite their horror, that was a great part of the book. And yeah, the mountains and the amazing tunnel journey under them.

It's also neat the way each segment of LOTR echoes or has comparisons with Bilbo's adventure.
Kalail
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I loved the cave of Smaug. Also Lothlorien
ChaoticButterfly
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Fullofsurprises)
I really loved Mirkwood and the spiders, despite their horror, that was a great part of the book. And yeah, the mountains and the amazing tunnel journey under them.

It's also neat the way each segment of LOTR echoes or has comparisons with Bilbo's adventure.
Forgot to throw in the lightening and thunder with giants

Not surprisingly the Mines of Moria are my favourite bit in Lord of the Rings in both the books and the films.

Forests are good bu there is something about mountain and snow areas in fantasy. It's the same in video games, my favourite parts of Zelda games are usually in moutains, forests are still good though (water areas always suck )
Snoozinghamster
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It's crazy to think it's 80 years, I want to read one of my many copies again now. Also saw it's 100 years since he wrote the first thing that would later become the fall of gondalin which I think is still my favourite moment.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (45)
17.24%
No one else does (82)
31.42%
I'm embarrassed about my background (28)
10.73%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (88)
33.72%
We don't use a video platform (5)
1.92%
I don't have a camera (7)
2.68%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (6)
2.3%

Watched Threads