The Student Room Group

2017 remark experiences

Hi has anyone gone up in remarks for OCR biology or aqa psychology. :smile:)
Original post by Bluecat1r

Obviously some people go up, but its only a small % because they only upgrade in cases of actual mistake. If you are thinking of going for one then the deadline is today.
Reply 2

Id like to point out that I remarked my aqa business gcse hoping my grade would go up from an a to an a* (3 marks off by the way). Well anyway, when I got it back I went up by exactly three marks so now I have an a*. So, maybe you should consider it, but do it quickly as the deadline is pretty much soon.
Reply 3
Original post by 999tigger
Obviously some people go up, but its only a small % because they only upgrade in cases of actual mistake. If you are thinking of going for one then the deadline is today.

Yeah, I've sent my remarks off already, I'm pretty sure it won't change but I'm just interested in hearing other people's experiences this year :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by AT7
Id like to point out that I remarked my aqa business gcse hoping my grade would go up from an a to an a* (3 marks off by the way). Well anyway, when I got it back I went up by exactly three marks so now I have an a*. So, maybe you should consider it, but do it quickly as the deadline is pretty much soon.

I've sent mine off already, just wanted to see if they'd been any changes this year :smile:
Yeah, I've sent my remarks off already, I'm pretty sure it won't change but I'm just interested in hearing other people's experiences this year :smile:

My concern is if you get to hear 2 people who apply and say they were upgraded then you mislead yourself into it being more likely than it is.

Its not a big enough test. If it were I then I'd just assume there was no change, consider its not the end of the world if it went down and be hopeful . That way you have all bases covered. Be patient. It only rises in the off chance they find a mistake big enough for an upgrade.
Reply 6
Original post by 999tigger
My concern is if you get to hear 2 people who apply and say they were upgraded then you mislead yourself into it being more likely than it is.

Its not a big enough test. If it were I then I'd just assume there was no change, consider its not the end of the world if it went down and be hopeful . That way you have all bases covered. Be patient. It only rises in the off chance they find a mistake big enough for an upgrade.

I'm not fussed because it's AS results and my school were paying for remarks.

Quick Reply

Latest