tweety13
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey there,

I have applied formy tuition fees and maintenance loan in May 2017.My application was approved. I have also recieved my confirmation letter and payment entitlement letter. But now i checked my payment status online and it says my all payment are blocked. I rang up and asked about it..the guy told me sfe are expecting more evidence to support my application and it will take 20 to 27 days. My uni is starting from oct.I'm so worried about my payments.Even though i have a letter from sfe which I will show to uni but what if my payments remain blocked by the start of October ??Do I have to pay by myself??? Pleaseee Answer my question

Thanks
Laura S SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi tweety13,

Payments can be blocked for different reasons, so that I can advise you correctly could you confirm if you are applying as a Migrant Worker?

Thanks
tweety13
Rep:
?
(Original post by Laura S SFE)
Hi tweety13,

Payments can be blocked for different reasons, so that I can advise you correctly could you confirm if you are applying as a Migrant Worker?

Thanks
Hi,
Thank u for the reply,
Yes I am applying as a migrant worker (my father is EEA National). But when in May, I applied for my sfe, my father was working at that time but he got retired later in July.
Rona SFE
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by tweety13)
Hi,
Thank u for the reply,
Yes I am applying as a migrant worker (my father is EEA National). But when in May, I applied for my sfe, my father was working at that time but he got retired later in July.

Hi tweety13,

Can I confirm, has your dad retired and receiving a pension or has he been made redundant from his previous employment and actively seeking work ?

Also are you or your mother working ?

Thanks Rona
tweety13
Rep:
?
(Original post by Rona SFE)
Hi tweety13,

Can I confirm, has your dad retired and receiving a pension or has he been made redundant from his previous employment and actively seeking work ?

Also are you or your motherworking ?

Thanks Rona
Hey,
My dad is retired and he is recieiving pension now.My mother doesn't work and i don't either.

Thanks
tweety13
Rep:
?
Hey,
My dad is retired and he is recieiving pension now.My mother doesn't work and i don't either.

Thanks
Replyyyy
Laura S SFE
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi tweety13,

Apologies for the delay in responding to your query. If your dad has retired then you wouldn't be eligible to apply as a Child of a Migrant Worker as the Migrant Worker has to be working throughout your studies.

If you are an EU national if you were to start working we could consider you for home funding as a Migrant Worker otherwise you could apply for funding as an EU student on an EU17N form which would give you Tuition Fee Loan (TFL) funding only.

Thanks
tweety13
Rep:
?
(Original post by Laura S SFE)
Hi tweety13,

Apologies for the delay in responding to your query. If your dad has retired then you wouldn't be eligible to apply as a Child of a Migrant Worker as the Migrant Worker has to be working throughout your studies.

If you are an EU national if you were to start workwe could consider you for home funding as a Migrant Worker otherwise you could apply for funding as an EU student on an EU17N form which would give you Tuition Fee Loan (TFL) funding only.

Thanks

This is my last year and they already gave me finance for previous 2 years but this year
they blocked my payments due to this reason?
And my payments will remain blocked it means?
Stuart SFE
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
This is my last year and they already gave me finance for previous 2 years but this year
they blocked my payments due to this reason?
And my payments will remain blocked it means?
Hi tweety13,

If you applied as the Child of a Migrant Worker (COMW) you would only be eligible for that funding through the year if your dad was working (or involuntarily unemployed & actively seeking work).

If unable to apply as a Migrant Worker yourself or as a COMW you would need to apply for funding as an EU student on the form linked to by Laura.

Regards,

Stuart
tweety13
Rep:
?
(Original post by Stuart SFE)
Hi tweety13,

If you applied as the Child of a Migrant Worker (COMW) you would only be eligible for that funding through the year if your dad was working (or involuntarily unemployed & actively seeking work).

If unab thabka for yole to apply as a Migrant Worker yourself or as a COMW you would need to apply for funding as an EU student on the form linked to by Laura.

Regards,

Stuart
Oky thanks for the reply..
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (222)
60.82%
No (77)
21.1%
Not sure (66)
18.08%

Watched Threads