The Student Room Group

Second degree funding

Hello,

I'm currently studying for my BSc in Psychology (having already competed a BA in Film a few years ago). I began my studies in Feb of this year with the OU and in March they informed me that they will no longer be offering a Feb start date and that because I pay for my studies I won't be able to start Stage 2 until Sept 2018 because they aren't able to take my Stage 2 tuition fees in the same academic year. Is there no possible way to get funding for a full-time course if it's my second degree? I only ask because I'd rather not have to take a full calendar year away from studying. It's a waste of time and antithetical to my learning journey.

Thank you for any advice you can offer!
Hi Imartin88,

Unfortunately you would not get funding for doing a second degree in Psychology. Since you already hold a degree you are classed as having an Equivalent Level Qualification (ELQ). As a result you wouldn't be eligible to apply for a Tuition Fee Loan (TFL) or Maintenance Loan (ML) only Supplementary Grants if applicable such as Parents' Learning Allowances (PLA), Childcare Grant (CCG), Adult Dependants' Grant (ADG) and Disabled Students' Allowances (DSA's).

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending