CaraQuinn
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm studying Classical Civilisation fast track online with Cloud Learn and I was wonder what is the best way to start studying for this course. Is it reccomended to read all books?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by CaraQuinn)
I'm studying Classical Civilisation fast track online with Cloud Learn and I was wonder what is the best way to start studying for this course. Is it reccomended to read all books?
It doesnt give enough detail on the course. they provide notes? Its not a bad idea just to read the books as books to get a feel for them. The odyssey is petty straightforward and you will end up reading it a number of times. The Aeneid or Illiad are a bit more dense but fine. Not sure you are studying these as it only mentions the odyssey, which is the simplest of the three. The plays might be a bit dry.

The historical sections should be easy to make notes from.

If you are fast tracking then your priority is to plan it so you make sufficient progress targets at the required time.

Draw up a plan and look at all the targets you need to hit plus work you have to submit.

Work out if you need any revision books and then just get stuck in at a consistent steady pace. You need to master the core material asap and then you are ready to develop that and practice exam questions.
999tigger
Report 2 years ago
I might look at the ocr spec later, Was just looking at cloud learn.
999tigger
Report 2 years ago
Had another look yes read the Odyssey and Aeneid to get used to the structure of the book.

I would treat it like three GCSE, but give priority to unit 1 as that needs to be done mostly before unit 2. Unit 3 is just like a History GCSE.
Name:  icr classics 408.PNG
Views: 211
Size:  59.7 KB
CaraQuinn
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Omg thank you so much for the reply! I've started the learning and note taking process today and I was getting a tad confused on the content, I wasn't aware that it was one big epic story converted into 24 books. I've sort of figured out what I need to do the most, seems as though I've got a lot to learn in a short space of time but I'm sure I can do it. I also learnt one of the topics Antigone in my Alevel Drama 2 years back so that's a bit helpful with knowing the structure of the Odyssey.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Ravensbourne University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (367)
67.22%
No (179)
32.78%

Watched Threads