Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pannawatk)
    Hi everybody,I should have all the docs (statement, references) and scores by early December. Is it gonna be too late? I am applying for Msc Economics and Management there.
    Hey I got an offer for MSC Economics and Management earlier this year before requesting to change program to MSC Management and Strategy.

In my opinion the earlier you apply the greater chance you will have for admission as places for this program are rather scarce and competition is intense. For me I submitted my application in early October 2016 and haven’t heard from them until mid February 2017.

Also feel free to ask me any questions and good luck with all of your applications ^_^

ReputationRep:
    Hi everybody!

I'm applying in MSc Finance & PE as a first choice and MSc Finance and Economics as a second choice. I will get my GMAT done in December 5th (probably around 720). So I will submit my application just before christmas. What do you think of my chances? Does the late submission of my application ruin my chances? I otherwise have pretty solid profile. I study accounting in the best business school in Finland. My GPA will be about 4,8/5,0 (about best 3%) and I also have internship experience in big4. In addition I have some background in student associations.

Thanks a lot in advance!

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

I applied to the MSc Management of Information Systems and Digital Innovation (MISDI) about a week ago and was wondering when they typically send out the first offers for this programme? I know it's only been a week but I hate waiting!

Thanks and good luck to everyone applying!

ReputationRep:
    I have been waiting 3 weeks, does anyone know if I could hear back before the end of this month?

ReputationRep:
    That’s great, I’ll let you know if I get an offer as well! What’s your profile if you don’t mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HeartnSoul)
    I'm a Malaysian studying Accounting and Finance who is projected to graduate with a 1st class honors from a joint-degree programme with Lancaster University. I've also got a GMAT score of 720. For extracurriculars, I've worked for two startups, Big 4 advisory internship, Vice-president of a toastmasters club, and pioneered an NGO.

What about you?
    Wow, congrats! That’s a really strong profile! I study management at a top 5 UK University with a projected first class honors. I did an internship for one of the biggest technology companies in the world which is why I’m applying to the MISDI now.

ReputationRep:
    MISDI applicant here too. Also first class Accounting and Finance but with 5 years work experience at multiple places.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HeartnSoul)
    Fingers crossed. Btw, when did you submit your application?
    2 weeks ago; October week 3.

ReputationRep:
    Hello Everyone,
    I have applied to the Msc Economics programme at LSE, have submitted my application on the 27th October and got my LSE ID on the 30th.
    I am a student at Jadavpur University, Calcutta India, studying B.A Economics Honours and have secured 70% until now, which is a predicted first class honours but is a borderline percentage as per LSE's requirement for the above programme. I have also secured 1st position in a financial olympiad conducted in my university.
    GRE: 167 Quants, 153 in Verbal.
    Extracurriculars, Couple of internships with NGO's and a couple of online trainings in data analytics.
    So, if anyone could help me with my chances of being accepted , it would be of great help.

Sorry for the rather long message.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medahoe)
    Hi guys,

I applied to the MSc Management of Information Systems and Digital Innovation (MISDI) about a week ago and was wondering when they typically send out the first offers for this programme? I know it's only been a week but I hate waiting!

LSE starts giving offers from Early January after Christmas vacation but some departments with greater popularity may take substantially longer. For me it took almost 4 months for LSE to give me an offer in early Feb 2017 (I submitted application in early October 2016 and my program belongs to Department of Management) so I understand the pain of waiting.

From my experiences those who received a decision very early are likely to be unsuccessful applicants which means the longer you wait the greater chance you will be successful as Department stays with your application much longer for further comparison against other applicants with similar profile.

Good luck ^_^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medahoe)
    Hi guys,

LSE starts giving offers from Early January after Christmas vacation but some departments with greater popularity may take substantially longer. For me it took almost 4 months for LSE to give me an offer in early Feb 2017 (I submitted application in early October 2016 and my program belongs to Department of Management) so I understand the pain of waiting.

From my experiences those who received a decision very early are likely to be unsuccessful applicants which means the longer you wait the greater chance you will be successful as Department stays with your application much longer for further comparison against other applicants with similar profile.

Good luck ^_^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nathan9087)

Good luck ^_^
    I have looked at last years thread and it seems that most people who applied early received an offer in early December, also someone received an offer after only just 4 weeks so I think it depends massively on the course.

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, is anyone applying for Msc Regulation? would be great to know your profile if you are. And does anyone know how long the Law department take to get back to applicants? I'm hoping they're faster than the economics department. Good luck to you all x

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone!

I applied to the MSC IR (Research) course and I received a notification yesterday that I was placed on the waiting list (applied early October). They said they will notify me of an outcome within 8 weeks from now.

Is this good or bad from your guys perspective?

Profile -

University of Warwick: Politics and IS
    Overall grade so far 69%
    Experience: cabinet minister Intern (Westminster), Intern @ IEA, PwC Summer Intern
    A-Level - 3 A's (Eng Lit, Philosophy, Politics)

What does everyone think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crichards3)
    Hi everyone!

I applied to the MSC IR (Research) course and I received a notification yesterday that I was placed on the waiting list (applied early October). They said they will notify me of an outcome within 8 weeks from now.

Is this good or bad from your guys perspective?

Profile -

University of Warwick: Politics and IS
    Overall grade so far 69%
    Experience: cabinet minister Intern (Westminster), Intern @ IEA, PwC Summer Intern
    A-Level - 3 A's (Eng Lit, Philosophy, Politics)

What does everyone think?
    Wow they have started responding then, I applied very early also (to a different programme) and have been checking LSE for you everyday, no update yet.

Your profile is very impressive so you definitely have a good chance, I think that the point in the waiting list is that they like your profile but they still need time to compare it with other applicants probably because they have received only a small number of applications so far.

When did you receive you LSE ID?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AAA9)
    Wow they have started responding then, I applied very early also (to a different programme) and have been checking LSE for you everyday, no update yet.

Your profile is very impressive so you definitely have a good chance, I think that the point in the waiting list is that they like your profile but they still need time to compare it with other applicants probably because they have received only a small number of applications so far.

When did you receive you LSE ID?
    I received my LSE for you ID like 2 weeks ago I think.

Yeah hopefully it's just a matter of deferring their offer until they open in January! Still a bit nervous about it all though to be honest.

Good luck with all of your stuff!

ReputationRep:
    The status is still status quo - application under consideration. But I am aware on their timeline, which is on 1st week of December 2017 the earliest, they will send the final decision. Fingers crossed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Faizfablillah)
    The status is still status quo - application under consideration. But I am aware on their timeline, which is on 1st week of December 2017 the earliest, they will send the final decision. Fingers crossed!
    The beginning of December would be the latest wouldn't it, not the earliest? On my final email it said it could take up to 8 weeks maximum. Would you bother ringing them up and checking if you do not hear after then (early December)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AAA9)
    The beginning of December would be the latest wouldn't it, not the earliest? On my final email it said it could take up to 8 weeks maximum. Would you bother ringing them up and checking if you do not hear after then (early December)?
    Quote from LSE For You: "Typically it can take eight weeks for a department to reach a final decision - popular courses may take longer."

It really depends on the course. So 8 weeks for my course is, I think, the earliest. I will wait a little more if I do not hear anything by early Dec.

ReputationRep:
    A friend of mine has just been rejected yesterday Nov 10th from Risk and Finance.....

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Mon, 7 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.