The Student Room Group

What degree can i do with my a level choices?

Hey, i am currently taking English Literature, Philosophy and Ethics (RS) and Sociology. I am also doing an EPQ on Philosophy and ethics, as it is my favorite subject inside and out of school. I would like to study either religous studies or philosophy at a degree level, but I wouldn't know where to take that degree for a career unless i did a PGCE ( or something like that?) and become a teacher. I would just like to know my other options with these a levels. What would you choose if you were in my situation? Thanks
Reply 1
Why does no one realize how many jobs there are that just require a good university degree in any subject?

E.g.:

civil service (central government, executive agencies, non-departmental public bodies)
local government
consultancy (management, recruitment etc.)
management (retail, hospitality, personnel etc.)
journalism
marketing
public relations
advertising
banking
insurance
publishing

Unlike teaching, the above don't even require further qualifications. Others that do are law and accounting (often paid for by future employers).
Original post by Cca140501
Hey, i am currently taking English Literature, Philosophy and Ethics (RS) and Sociology. I am also doing an EPQ on Philosophy and ethics, as it is my favorite subject inside and out of school. I would like to study either religous studies or philosophy at a degree level, but I wouldn't know where to take that degree for a career unless i did a PGCE ( or something like that?) and become a teacher. I would just like to know my other options with these a levels. What would you choose if you were in my situation? Thanks

Just to add to Estreths point- my cousin did Philosophy at uni and went straight into the luxury retailer market after graduating- in an office job I should add, not on the shop floor. She did so because she'd already completed an internship with the company whilst a student. With a bit of work experience and a strong application few areas are off limits.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending