OCR Religious Studies A Level Textbook Watch

emifelix
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I am in Year 12 and I am trying to find a good textbook for OCR RS A Level. Can anyone give me a recommendation on which textbook I should get? I think there are two different textbooks you can get:
-OCR Religious Studies A Level Year 1 and AS by Michael Wilkinson and Hugh Campbell
-Oxford A Level Religious Studies for OCR: AS and Year 1 Student Book by Libby Ahluwalia and Robert Bowie

The reviews for the first textbook is that it is too detailed and it is hard to understand, however the reviews for the second textbook is that it is not detailed enough.

Please give me your opinion on both of the textbooks!
TSR Jessica
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.
Oshu
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey I took OCR RS A Level in year 12 but dropped it this year! Our school gave us the first textbook you mentioned and based our learning from that book. But I decided to also buy the second textbook. I think both are very useful as it gives you more information about the topic and more knowledge to include in your essay. However in my opinion, the second textbook is more useful as after each topic, they include "Discussing (Topic)". These gives you titles which can be potential essay titles which I found more useful than the other textbook which only included objections to the theory/ethic.

I'm also selling my Oxford A Level RS textbook if anyone is interested! Just PM me
emifelix
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Oshu)
Hey I took OCR RS A Level in year 12 but dropped it this year! Our school gave us the first textbook you mentioned and based our learning from that book. But I decided to also buy the second textbook. I think both are very useful as it gives you more information about the topic and more knowledge to include in your essay. However in my opinion, the second textbook is more useful as after each topic, they include "Discussing (Topic)". These gives you titles which can be potential essay titles which I found more useful than the other textbook which only included objections to the theory/ethic.

I'm also selling my Oxford A Level RS textbook if anyone is interested! Just PM me
Thanks for replying... I think I will get the second one, just as you recommended. How much are you selling your textbook for?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Mar '19
  • Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (89)
16.39%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (56)
10.31%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (97)
17.86%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (82)
15.1%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (54)
9.94%
How can I be the best version of myself? (165)
30.39%

Watched Threads